The Student Room Group

What do you say when someone says your sister is pretty?

When people tell you your sister is 'really pretty', 'really beautiful' or whatever, what are you actually meant to say? Do you say thanks? Or what? I am a guy by the way.

The thing is that I am used to people saying my sister is 'bare buff', 'bare fit', etc but in a more obnoxious way because when I was at school everyone kept bringing it up that they fancied my sister or whatever, and some of my friends would make jokes about it. Anyway I rent a room in a house with a lot of other people including girls (we're all 1st year uni students), and some of the girls told me my sister is pretty, but in a more respectful way, but how are you meant to reply to that? Is 'thanks' appropriate, seeing as they aren't actually complimenting you?

Scroll to see replies

"I know." :sexface:
"Threesome?"
Reply 3
I just say "nah mate, she's hot :sogood:"
If guys say you it, I'd punch them. You know what they wanna do to her...dont you? :eyeball:
Reply 5
It happens. Most guys say my sister is very hot and go from there. It's amusing, why stress about it.
Reply 6

just say 'cheers but she is taken'. People will stop soon
Reply 7
Thanks would do.. Or just say 'I've been told'
Don't think it really matters though
Reply 8
If it's done with respect, then it's a complement, so I'd be happy. If not, I'd slap the person who said it.
Reply 9
In a completely different context but everyone says this to me. It's just a fact :dontknow:

I think you should just accept it.

I think Ross Geller takes it well (i have no brothers) he always just makes some awkward/funny comment about Monica being his sistet whenever people talk about her hotness.
I'd be like ":wtf: she's 10, find someone your own age"
In this case though, I'd be just like "o'right" and move the conversation along.
People say that about my sister all the time, so I've started answering "yeah, so people keep saying" - could work for a brother who's sister is hot too I think. I'm sick of hearing how much more attractive my sister is than me...
, id say ''ofcourse she is; afterall she is related to me'', but in a non-cocky voice just to make it sound funny but not in a sarcastic way :/
Tell them how terrible their taste is.
Reply 15
'Yeah. It runs in the family.' Or something equally as blasé. It really doesn't matter, I don't think anyone young and male would respond in any 'correct' way. Don't say thank you - but agreeing is fine, why not? Acknowledging your sister's good looks is hardly incestuous innuendo. P:
£5 for half an hour.
Reply 17
I always say, well did you expect MY sister to be ugly?!?!?!!!
I tell them there's something wrong with their head because I don't have a sister.
Reply 19
My sisters are identical twins, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic n all that.
I just have to shrug it off ><

Latest

Trending

Trending