This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
I thought a lot of this people on this board where supposed to be intelligent, socially concious young adults? Why would they just follow in the footsteps of their parents? (I appreciate that that's probably not exactly what you meant)
Some are more influenced than others.
My parents are quite conservative, although I have seen through much of their propaganda!
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Perhaps. It's a terrible thing to do though, vote Tory.
I could say the same about labour. Shocking.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Some are more influenced than others.
My parents are quite conservative, although I have seen through much of their propaganda!
I've got (reasonably) conservative parents and a Christian Brothers education behind me and I've still come through for the cause
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont understand why we just dont get the liberals back into power i mean chamberlain was just as naive as tony blair...
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I could say the same about labour. Shocking.
Now that's a shocking statement.

I Don't if anyone has seen the 'Not the 9 o'clock news' sketch where there is a bloke who on the top of a building and some guy goes to try to persuade him down. The guy attempting suicide says "I've done something terrible" and the other guy says, "It can't be that bad, come on, what is it?" The other guy says "I voted tory" and the guy who was helping him says "Yeah, i'd jump then"

Thats how bad it is.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A lot of my extended family (aunties uncles etc) run businesess or have very good jobs. In fact nearly every member of my family has a good job. For this reason my family is very middle class so very conservative. My imediate family (mum and dad) don't have that much money though so we are kind of border line working/middle class.

The values are torie though, the amount of proganda my mums said about labour etc. I am really to tired to make a proper contribution to this thread though.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
A lot of my extended family (aunties uncles etc) run businesess or have very good jobs. In fact nearly every member of my family has a good job. For this reason my family is very middle class so very conservative. My imediate family (mum and dad) don't have that much money though so we are kind of border line working/middle class.

The values are torie though, the amount of proganda my mums said about labour etc. I am really to tired to make a proper contribution to this thread though.
I would say I'm middle class. I'm in no way a Tory though.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you have a social conscience?
Well...like I'm gonna vote Labour...*pukes*. Gordon Brown can't even keep our country's finances propery controlled!
Plus Maggie Thatcher was very cool (though I was just a lil un then). Go Iron Lady!!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Well...like I'm gonna vote Labour...*pukes*. Gordon Brown can't even keep our country's finances propery controlled!
Plus Maggie Thatcher was very cool (though I was just a lil un then). Go Iron Lady!!
P.S. Margaret Thatcher is actually a man.

Brown is the next PM, the finances are fine.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
P.S. Margaret Thatcher is actually a man.

Brown is the next PM, the finances are fine.
Well she probably has alot of testosterone in her, but that never hurt anyone (I think lol)

Actually the budget deficit is a bit of a worry for our esteemed Mr Brown. See article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3412495.stm
He should sort it out before trying to be the next PM. I mean seriously, if you can't handle a job as 2nd/3rd in command, then how are you going to deal with being the top man!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Facism under a different name....
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well she probably has alot of testosterone in her, but that never hurt anyone (I think lol)

Actually the budget deficit is a bit of a worry for our esteemed Mr Brown. See article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3412495.stm
He should sort it out before trying to be the next PM. I mean seriously, if you can't handle a job as 2nd/3rd in command, then how are you going to deal with being the top man!
The economy drives the country, so arguably, Brown is the most important member of the cabinet.
The Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Because the other thread is soooooo long i thought i'd make a new one, with a new poll so we can see the views of the newer members. Other than that, it's exactly the same as edders' thread. Take it away, guys...

Dunno
Ensocopier
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alright - a question. If Tony Blair resigned next week and Gordon Brown become leader, would that change the mind of any Tory voters?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ensocopier)
Alright - a question. If Tony Blair resigned next week and Gordon Brown become leader, would that change the mind of any Tory voters?
Most of the Tories on here would vote Conservative regardless of the leader of any party.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok, time for a mad political rant.

http://tinyurl.com/2df8z

according to this vacuous little women...essentially anyone left wing is a "self hater" (ok, this is a fairly common tactic of the right, but it still rankles..).

simply, i don't hate this country. I don't hate any country. What I do HATE is you, and Maggie goddamn Thatcher. And George Bush. And Richard f***ing Littlejohn. And the Daily Hate Mail.

Simple. "This country" is not synonymous with "The vicious right wing ideas that dictate policy in this country" and if it is the last thing I EVER do, I will make sure it never is.

Also, apparently it is alright for the Dems to oppose Bush, as long as they do it nicely (Kerry, supported the war, the ruining of the economy etc). Dare they get *actually* oppose it (Dean, um, hardly a radical himself) then this is apparently beyond the pale...I mean...COME ON!!!!
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Looks like Labour have got popular since they were last favourite choice out of the three main parties on the other poll!
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ooh, i'm the only "other".

come on kildare, where are ya?! :cool:
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Looks like Labour have got popular since they were last favourite choice out of the three main parties on the other poll!
This forum is primarily Conservative.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
This forum is primarily Conservative.
In the real world, no one likes them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads