Girls, why can I always feel my tampon? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Every time I put a tampon in, I can always feel it whatever I'm doing whether that be standing up straight or sitting down. I thought you weren't meant to be able to feel these stupid things? For God's sake I'm 17 now and have been trying to use tampons since I was 13 and I've always been able to feel them!!

My fingers are touching my body when I push it in so how can it not be going in far enough? There are a couple of inches of string hanging out - is that normal or too much? Is it my hymen? Will I need to lose my virginity before I can use them? It was stupid of me but I thought it would work this time because I've started masturbating quite often and my one finger is as wide as a tampon so I thought finally I'd be able to do this.

I have tried Tampax original, Pearl and Compak (the smallest size for all), I always use lube or it burns and I always use applicator. My mum can use them fine so I don't think it's genetic.

It's just really annoying me because I've been trying to use these for years and I just feel like a failure of a girl :cry2: Like I've literally been crying for an hour. Most women can put in a ****ing tampon and it makes me feel so pathetic that I've been through like 3 boxes and never been able to do it! :mad2: I'm going on quite a few trips this year and I can't use a tampon so I'm ****ed. Any advice please? Sorry for the anger, I'm feeling annoyed at and sorry for myself.

Thank you!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Edit: It's the second day of my period. I've never tried after the third day because my flow weakens.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You use lube to insert tampons? :lolwut: OK, I've never heard that one before....

The only times I feel it is when I haven't put it in properly, or on a couple of occasions when it's overfilled. Are you sure you've properly followed the instructions of how to insert it? You've got to get the right angle, because of the way you're shaped down there.
(:Becca(:
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You may not have pushed it in far enough, I only ever feel it if I haven't put it in properly.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I used to be able to until I lost my virginity, maybe you're the same :dontknow:.
moopmeen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If I can still feel it, I take it out again because it's just uncomfortable. I don't think you've got it in far enough. Don't worry, few more tries!
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was the same till I lost my virginity :dontknow:
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tampons are covered in a shroud of mystery to me too.

Am I putting it in right? Have I left it in too long? :zomg: So many questions, so few answers...
un-jardin-sur-le-nil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You just literally aren't pushing it in far enough. On the first day I tried I had all the problems you say, like it hurt/felt uncomfortable. And that's cause its too far out and the wrong angle. You have to aim backwards a bit and push it much further than you initially think.
emilina
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:blush: I have the same problem OP but I think it's coz my hands are really tiny and my fingers are too short to push it in all the way :blush:
secret_smile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You are not putting it in far enough. Just push it further and that should help
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You say your fingers are touching your body, but is that using an applicator or a 'normal' tampon? If it's with an applicator then that's definitely far enough in, but if it's a plain tampon then you'll actually need to push in further with your fingers!!

Not sure why you need lube either as the blood should be enough :erm: Hints to me that you're not using applicator tampons as I imagine they would be smoother to put in?
AbiSmith93
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The more upset you get the harder it is to try and put it in comfortably, trust me I was freaking out the first few times I tried and it just made my muscles clench up uncomfortably.

I usually have less than an inch of string hanging out, so it sounds like you might not be pushing it in far enough. (I haven't lost my virginity fyi.) If I don't push it in far enough it's always really uncomfortable.

Try again when you're more relaxed, it's wayyy easier that way.
SshLaura
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was like that for ages too! It hurt for more than the first few times but then it just started to get better. If you stick with it, it should get better.
I think it helps if you relax when you are putting it in and then it hurts less and you can make sure it's in far enough. You could lay down and listen to music or something or try when there's no pressure or when you aren't in a rush.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
OP don't worry about it that much. I couldn't get tampons in when I had periods, thought it'd change once I started having sex.
Been having sex three years now, except only just got periods back after being on hormonal contraceptives all that time.
And guess what? I can still feel them and get them in far enough. I've realised its because my cervix is quite low when I'm menstruating, so a tampon will only go so far up. I have to push it to the side a bit and even then I can still tell its there. But I'm not the only one who's like this. It sounds like its something you'll have to get used to.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It will be because you haven't pushed it in far enough, even though I know you said you were sure you did.
It will get easier the more you try
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
You use lube to insert tampons? :lolwut: OK, I've never heard that one before....
That's what I was thinkin...surely that'd make it slide out again and not glue it in place.

Mmm Mm I love being in female threads :hubba:
Cybele
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Firstly, it's got nothing to do with your hymen or that you're a virgin. Irrelevant. Most people can 'feel' their tampon when it isn't pushed high enough but that doesn't seem to be the case with you. It's much more likely that when you stress about it, you tense up, and it makes it much more difficult for the tampon to slide in! Plus, you'll be 'thinking' about it which won't help. Using lube is fine with tampons btw. Just RELAX, don't get yourself worked up. Try applying it when you're lying down to see if it helps.
ily_em
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Willum Infanta)
That's what I was thinkin...surely that'd make it slide out again and not glue it in place.

Mmm Mm I love being in female threads :hubba:
Well no, they stay up with blood up there so lube wouldn't make it any more likely to 'slip out' :p:
Willum Infanta
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ily_em)
Well no, they stay up with blood up there so lube wouldn't make it any more likely to 'slip out' :p:
BLOOD CLOTS OKAY?

:creep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads