Telegraph (1)
0.77%
The Times (2)
1.54%
This discussion is closed.
Kingofhearts92
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Which newspaper makes you froth at the mouth with frustration at its stupid polls,useless information and made up tosh? bit random,but still....

Daily Mail
Daily Mirror
The Sun
The Star
The Telegraph
Daily Express
The Guardian
News of the world
The Times
dn013
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
I think you have to split up the tabloids from the real newspaper. For tabloids, the Daily Express is useless, but what makes me froth at the mouth is the Independent. Will they ever have a real news story as its front page?
dd4483
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The Sun. No contest. What's even more worrying is the fact that it's the most read newspaper in the UK.
Mocktheweak
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Daily Mail/Sun = joint first.
Abbadon27
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
All the tabloids are full of crap.
rquaresma
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
sun and daily mail scum newspapers for the idiots
cssafc
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Tabloids are Tabloids. But, The Guardian is full of ****.
cssafc
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dd4483)
The Sun. No contest. What's even more worrying is the fact that it's the most read newspaper in the UK.
It's 20p. I read it because it's 20p... why don't they make the Telegraph 20p, then I'd read that.
username549578
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Daily Mail
Blueflare
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The Daily Mail because it presents itself as a serious newspaper, and many people read it as if it were a serious newspaper.
The tabloids are **** too, but there isn't even enough news in them to seriously misinform them of world events. They simply don't inform them; which Big Brother inmate is having sex with which footballer is more important to the people who read them anyway.
lukas1051
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
In terms of quality, I don't see why so many people have voted The Guardian so high... I assume that's the Daily Mail readers because it's one of the few newspapers with a left bias, which is a shame, because it's a very good quality paper.

I had to vote for The Daily Fail, I mean it's just a farce... lies, hyperbole, xenophobia and intolerance all fused into one. The Sun is bad, but I think you have to take that with a pinch of salt, anyone who reads it as a serious and reliable source of news is an idiot. I'm guessing the 30p boobies makes up quite a lot of the numbers.
silverbolt
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dd4483)
But the sun has dear dierdre and page 3 to make up for the crap in it - its the moral outrage that makes it an entertaining read.

Anyway the worst paper in my mind is not the Mail but the Express, its written by morons whose basic english is frankly dire for a professional "writer" profession and the stories are just garbage
Acerbic
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Tabloids are all ****. At least broadsheets make an effort to cover up their bias.
lonelykatana
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
THe daily mail, by a long shot. Some of their stories are just utter ****.

Atleast the sun doesn't pretend its a 'proper' news paper!
dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The Epoch Times :O
dannysouth
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cssafc)
Tabloids are Tabloids. But, The Guardian is full of ****.
How can you say that the Guardian is full of ****? It is by far the most liberal, unbiased, informative and intelligent newspaper in this country.
dannysouth
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
"I've always been a Daily Mail reader. I prefer it to a newspaper"

~Oscar Wilde
The Real Quaid
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone actually read most of these newspapers?

I've read The Sun, News of the World, Daily Star, Sunday Express and The Guardian, but what I know about the others is purely based on satirical TV programmes
IB_19
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The tabloids are absolute garbage, but I voted for The Sun as it has got to be the worst. I do hope that nobody takes that newspaper seriously, although judging by the typical reader, it is hard to know.
Swell
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Just... leave this here

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (115)
68.45%
No (34)
20.24%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
11.31%

Watched Threads