This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I realise this is difficult to remember (and the american government try to do everything in it's power to undermine it) but disabled people like to be known as disabled people (or people with disabilities).

There are a lot of people less fortunate than me (through having a bad attitude, less money, less education or even just through not finding themselves in such happy circumstances)...but I would never address them in "quotes" or talk about them as if you weren't present in a discussion and I would hope that they will grant me the same curtesy and good manners - something you seem to be lacking.
Hell yes, *applauds*
atom
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What has our once great country turned into. I can longer be proud to be British, because our country is dominated by beaurocrats and is so wrapped up with red tape and political correctness that policies like this can even be considered, yet alone brought into legislation (I dont know what ****in idiot allowed this to come forward, but you can guarantee they'll be on a decent salary). What do these ******s actually contribute to society. Its about time they "streamlined" (sorry to use their terminology) their own offices, before ordering schools to lay off teachers due to under-budgetting.

How the **** can "Are you married?" be considered offensive. Marriage is supposed to be a sacred thing not something to be seen as offensive
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Homos, gays and queers should all be locked up if it hurts their feelings so much - their parents must have really taken the piss out of them too. But really attractive lesbians are allowed to be out on the loose because they make life more interesting
Surely that was sarcastic?
zombie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by atom)
What has our once great country turned into. I can longer be proud to be British, because our country is dominated by beaurocrats and is so wrapped up with red tape and political correctness that policies like this can even be considered, yet alone brought into legislation (I dont know what ****in idiot allowed this to come forward, but you can guarantee they'll be on a decent salary). What do these ******s actually contribute to society. Its about time they "streamlined" (sorry to use their terminology) their own offices, before ordering schools to lay off teachers due to under-budgetting.

How the **** can "Are you married?" be considered offensive. Marriage is supposed to be a sacred thing not something to be seen as offensive
Damn right.

And since when was the police obliged to have a force with a certain number of gay people?? How stupid is that? I'm sorry, but to me that discrimination because undoubtedly if you went for an interview and you an some gay guy were equally qualified they gay person would (probably) get the job??

So many things these day just make me go wtf?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads