How to get from St Pancras Intl station to Baker St station via the tube? Watch

kiwietnana
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
First time I am going to London alone & I am meeting some friends at Baker St station. Can anyone tell me how to get there from St Pancras Intl station via the tube? And where to get off and switch lines etc? Rep for anyone kind enough to help me
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hammersmith or Circle line. No changes.
tufc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't worry, the tube seems hard to understand at first, but it's actually really easy. Every line has an eastbound track and a westbound track, and different lines meet at different station.

Off the top of my,, I think it would be the Picadilly line (Westbound) to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo Line (Westbound, or it might say Northbound) to Baker Street
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tufc)
Don't worry, the tube seems hard to understand at first, but it's actually really easy. Every line has an eastbound track and a westbound track, and different lines meet at different station.

Off the top of my,, I think it would be the Picadilly line (Westbound) to Oxford Circus, then the Bakerloo Line (Westbound, or it might say Northbound) to Baker Street
OP definitely take this advice :rofl2:
Panda Bear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kaloo)
http://images.intolondon.com/images/...d-tube-map.gif

Go to Baker Street Station. You can get the Circle or Hammersmith and City line (Eastbound/Clockwise) straight there (these two lines run on the same track at this station), or get the Metropolitan line towards Aldgate. I'd recommend the first two lines because they come much more frequently. When you're at Kings Cross St Pancras Int Station, follow the signs to the station (remembering that Kings Cross consists of three stations, so make sure you follow the right signs!)
This, but in the opposite direction.
Wltsm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Or just use the journey planner to do the work for you...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kiwietnana)
First time I am going to London alone & I am meeting some friends at Baker St station. Can anyone tell me how to get there from St Pancras Intl station via the tube? And where to get off and switch lines etc? Rep for anyone kind enough to help me
Go out of St Pancras and cross over the road to Kings Cross underground station. Then you can get the Met line or circle line (either a Hammersmith train or one terminating at Edgware Road) directly to Baker Street (going Wesbound)
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Baker Street is one of the easiest places to reach from St Pancras. 3 or 4 stops on a single (westbound) line or a number of buses that take 15 minutes tops
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tufc)

Don't do this OP :nah: Listen to Colbert. You can reach the Hammersmith and City line through St Pancras itself. You just walk straight ahead through to the end of the station as opposed to turning left and going to Kings Cross.

Keep it simplez
tufc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Hammersmith or Circle line. No changes.
hate the circle/hammersmith & city lines. they go really slow, and take ages to come
tufc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
Don't do this OP :nah: Listen to Colbert. You can reach the Hammersmith and City line through St Pancras itself. You just walk straight ahead through to the end of the station as opposed to turning left and going to Kings Cross.

Keep it simplez
the deep line trains are much faster. cut and cover lines take FOREVER
domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 8 years ago
You could just walk down Euston Road really.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tufc)
hate the circle/hammersmith & city lines. they go really slow, and take ages to come
It'll take even longer if you get the Picadilly line and try to get off at Oxford Cricus as you suggested above :mmm:
tufc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
It'll take even longer if you get the Picadilly line and try to get off at Oxford Cricus as you suggested above :mmm:
im not so sure. for a cut and cover line train you're often waiting 7 or 8 minutes, and they go slower and stop for longer at stations. deep line trains, there's one every 2 minutes during the day pretty much, they go faster and literally stop at stations for about 15-20 seconds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads