The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yay! my mum loves professor powell..she's like "he looks like sucha sweetie"..on the open day she started talkin to him about his wife n their kids..i was like*hiding..im not here!*
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 41
o rite i c. i was on about my uncle at the university of california los angeles.
Reply 42
i mean yay that the dept's so good!..if u applied in the '05 cycle for deferred entry under the old fee system, but then u change courses when u start, u might end up being under the new fee system btw! unless the courses are deemed similar..
Reply 43
i cant wait 2 go 2 rhul it has the quietness of the countryside bt if u feel like the city hustle and bustle then london is only a short train ride away. i no that im guna b goin into the city a lot..clubbin and the like.
Reply 44
omarhenry
i cant wait 2 go 2 rhul it has the quietness of the countryside bt if u feel like the city hustle and bustle then london is only a short train ride away. i no that im guna b goin into the city a lot..clubbin and the like.

god yeah! im so excited lol..ah but it's 9 months away!:frown:
What do you think about the rep of the English Department? Apparently they upped their offer to AAB this year.. :eek:
Reply 46
i think the english dept's good..i went to this chaucer lecture thing when i was doing my A levels (soveriegn study day) and there was a professor from rhul there doing a lecture n she was good..i was suddenly like damn i shoulda applied for english!lol..altho i dont know much about the english dept..im not surprised they upped their offer..all the other departments have! what was ur offer for fonzie? ABB or AAB?

i pretty much rate most of the humanity/art type departments..altho i am biaised cos im only interested in english history n classics type stuff lol..
Hralipour
i think the english dept's good..i went to this chaucer lecture thing when i was doing my A levels (soveriegn study day) and there was a professor from rhul there doing a lecture n she was good..i was suddenly like damn i shoulda applied for english!lol..altho i dont know much about it..im not surprised they upped their offer..all the other departments have! what wasur offer for fonzie? ABB or AAB?

Actually all I need to do is get an A in English even though I'm doing another subject. I already have the results of my other A-levels though which I took about a year and half ago.
Reply 48
ooh righty! what books u doing for A level?

--------------

i miss english..might do a module of english and one of history!
Hralipour
ooh righty! what books u doing for A level?

Frankenstein, Streetcar, Keats, Much Ado, Things Fall Apart, Larkin, Tempest, Faustus

EDIT: Oh and Albee's, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
Reply 50
AMERICAN DRAMA!!!! i loved that!aahh the shakespeare i did was othello for AS and king lear for A2!
r u doing A level in 1 year or something?
Hralipour
AMERICAN DRAMA!!!! i loved that!aahh the shakespeare i did was othello for AS and king lear for A2!
r u doing A level in 1 year or something?

Yeah, I'm doing two extra A-levels in a year. English Lit and Economics. Yea, TW is bloody brilliant. Loving every minute of it.

King's College is my first choice, but I'll be VERY happy if I end up at Royal Holloway (my second choice). If King's makes me the same offer as RHUL (if they make me one at all), I'm dropping the Economics A-level and focusing 100% on getting that A in English.
Reply 52
i love him too!!!! yeh if u dont need to doeconomics dont do it so u can concentrate on english cos english needs loadsa reading etc. just make sure u dont become lazy by doing one Alevel :P
Hralipour
i love him too!!!! yeh if u dont need to doeconomics dont do it so u can concentrate on english cos english needs loadsa reading etc. just make sure u dont become lazy by doing one Alevel :P

I've been offered an internship, that I would love to take. If I drop Econ, I will have time for it. And would save me about 5000GBP too!
Reply 54
wow!
Reply 55
forget kings, come uni with me:wink:
I went to see Royal Holloway a few weeks ago and I thought it was amazing! The main building was absolutely beautiful and the halls on campus where also really clean & nice. Egham...hmm no you can't really call it chavvy, i'd say its quite posh! your friends sound a bit snobby...check it out yourself! X
Hey everyone
I'm an ex-student at RHUL (quit the uni last week coz I realised it wasn't where I wanted to be), so I might be able to help here. It's a good uni - the buildings are fine, teaching's good etc. But I will warn you, social life is crap! There's Medicine, Crosslands (in Founders) and the SU but that's about it and to be honest, night's out ain't great - I'd suggest going into London or something. Also, be warned - the place is DEAD at weekends! Practically everyone goes home and it can be really quiet - quite depressing to be truthful! Hence one of the reasons I decided to leave! Having said that though, all the people I met were really nice and we got on well. I suppose all I'm saying is that you have to be prepared to live in a quiet environment and try and keep yourself occupied! It certainly wasn't the experience I'd hoped it would be!
Reply 58
omg becks! where r u now?! ure not takin another gap yr r u?
(im daydreamer off NS lol )

--------------

i just tell ppl the uni's near windsor cos they're like egham, wtf is that?! lol :wink:
Reply 59
no social life at weekends :O i dont think iv been at rhul a weekend and not been wasted and had a great time :smile: i love the union and medicine is really great :smile: obviously its just not ur thing :P

Latest

Trending

Trending