This discussion is closed.
ann-marie
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
After ten years of studying: Nursery nurse training, TA, HLTA status, Degree and GCSE Science and maths in between, I am finally within touching distance of my dream of becoming a primary teacher.
I have a part time PGCE interview next week at Liverpool Hope and am thrilled to bits! However the last couple of days I have begun to panic about my age, I have just turned 45 and will be 47 before I complete this training (if I get on of course). Is this too old for PGCE and ITT? will schools look at my age unfavourably? Even dreamt about it last night!!!!
:confused:I think nerves may be setting in as usually this does not concern me at all and am usually confident and focused on achieving my goal.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ann-marie)
After ten years of studying: Nursery nurse training, TA, HLTA status, Degree and GCSE Science and maths in between, I am finally within touching distance of my dream of becoming a primary teacher.
I have a part time PGCE interview next week at Liverpool Hope and am thrilled to bits! However the last couple of days I have begun to panic about my age, I have just turned 45 and will be 47 before I complete this training (if I get on of course). Is this too old for PGCE and ITT? will schools look at my age unfavourably? Even dreamt about it last night!!!!
:confused:I think nerves may be setting in as usually this does not concern me at all and am usually confident and focused on achieving my goal.
There is no age limit. We have had trainees more than 10 years older than you in secondary.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
there were people on my primary course in their mid-late 40s and all the ones I know of got jobs at the end
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
My dad is about your age and is doing a Secondary Drama PGCE.
Oldlawyer
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I started a foundation course already having a BA (Hons) 2i and having been a qualified Solicitor in practice for fourteen years I was 53 and was told it is pointless after 50 to do this. I am 60 and realise on scrap heap even though my OAP does not commence for six years and we are told to work till 70. Hmm
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Oldlawyer)
I started a foundation course already having a BA (Hons) 2i and having been a qualified Solicitor in practice for fourteen years I was 53 and was told it is pointless after 50 to do this. I am 60 and realise on scrap heap even though my OAP does not commence for six years and we are told to work till 70. Hmm
This thread is five years old. If you have a query you'd like to raise, please start a new thread.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (101)
68.24%
No (31)
20.95%
I didn't use it to prepare (16)
10.81%

Watched Threads