Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iPhone And Syncing And Songs/Videos Being Deleted??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    im very new to iphone and iproducts in general. i have always been used to the industry standard drag and drop, nothing was wrong with that. it seems apple like to have their hands on everything with their products, like that kid who will wants control of everything and wont let anyone else do any important things.

anyway...i put songs on my iphone and videos, and when i connect it to my computer it starts syncing contacts and stuff, which i really dont want, and then it just deletes my media that is on the iphone, whats going on?...happened a few times. luckily ive only put a few things on there so not too bad. i had to upload inception (which was 800mb originally and then suddenly increased to 1.8gb for iphone mp4 converted version? why?) 3 times, which is quite long.

so whats going on?...why does it do this?...in the future when i have like gbs of songs and content, will it accidently delete that as well?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konvictz0007)
    im very new to iphone and iproducts in general. i have always been used to the industry standard drag and drop, nothing was wrong with that. it seems apple like to have their hands on everything with their products, like that kid who will wants control of everything and wont let anyone else do any important things.

anyway...i put songs on my iphone and videos, and when i connect it to my computer it starts syncing contacts and stuff, which i really dont want, and then it just deletes my media that is on the iphone, whats going on?...happened a few times. luckily ive only put a few things on there so not too bad. i had to upload inception (which was 800mb originally and then suddenly increased to 1.8gb for iphone mp4 converted version? why?) 3 times, which is quite long.

so whats going on?...why does it do this?...in the future when i have like gbs of songs and content, will it accidently delete that as well?...
    No, your probably doing something wrong. iTunes will only delete stuff from devices if it has been unchecked individually or set to only sync certain playlists. Also your iPhone can only be synced to one iTunes library, connecting it to another computer with another library will erase the content on it if you try to sync it.

iTunes will also delete files from the iPhone if its no longer located on the computer used to sync it, which is probably the most likely cause of your problems here.

I suggest you go to your iPhones settings page on iTunes and make sure you have set it to sync everything.

As for the conversion yeah thats pretty bad, but I suggest you download VLC player on the App Store its free and will play any file without any conversion on the iPhone, just follow the steps and its as simple as drag and drop. So it would only use 800MB as opposed to 1.8GB.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.