Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR in a Reasonably Priced Car (GT5) Watch

ReputationRep:

Alright, so the folks over in the GT5 society thread wanted a separate thread for the 'TSR in a reasonably priced car' competition.

How it will work:

Each week 1 car will be selected for the Top Gear test track. The next car will be chosen by the slowest driver from the previous week (bar this first week). The deadline for lap submissions will be from Saturday 12pm GMT to the following Saturday at 12pm GMT.

Use 'Arcade Mode' and select 'Time Trial'. The Top Gear track must be unlocked first via the Special Events in GT Mode. Reach at least level 4 to unlock the beginner level of the Top Gear test track challenges. You must achieve the Gold trophy to unlock the track and make it available in practice and Arcade mode.

To make this competition work in the fairest possible way, we are relying on honesty, which means no tuning, no quicker tyres etc apart from the default setup after selecting the car.

Note: I will do my best to keep it updated but sometimes things do get overlooked so quoting me is the best way to get my attention when submitting a lap time.

Results:

Please submit track times in the following format:
    TSR username - lap time

Week Two: 04/12/10 - 11/12/10
    Car:
    Peugeot 207
    Track Times:

Week One: 27/11/10 - 4/12/10
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S '07
    Track Times:
    F1Addict - 1:29.348
    Roobsa - 1:29.702
    dh90 - 1:30.124
    ExcessNeo - 1.30:857
    MHorman - 1:31.316
    RNBen - 1:32.058
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Prepare yourself for some magic.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh changing the car every week is an excellent idea, hadn't though of that, should keep the challenge fresh.

First of all I need connect my PS3 up... then proceed to attempt to unlock the track using the VW Camper Vans which I've heard is extremely difficult... then I'll be finally able to post here!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is now properly up and running. I've added it to the newly created GT5 social group and the PS3 Society group.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    This thread is now properly up and running. I've added it to the newly created GT5 social group and the PS3 Society group.
    You should probably include instructions in the first post for how to unlock the track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    You should probably include instructions in the first post for how to unlock the track.
    Added. I think it's correct.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want photographic evidence of times?

Also only one submission per person I presume?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)

Not sure about the photo, but one would imagine something like 1 per person, per day, would be the best way to do it, don't want people flooding the thread but you also don't want it to die until Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)

Can submit more if you beat your previous best lap but obviously don't go crazy and do a lap, submit it, do another lap, submit that if it's faster etc.

ReputationRep:
    something tells me this is going to be incredibly dubious and hard to regulate, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    something tells me this is going to be incredibly dubious and hard to regulate, but maybe I'm taking it too seriously
    All about trust really mate. Plus, if you see the same person beating everyone every week then questions will probably be asked. Photographic proof would be ideal, obviously in spoiler tags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Don't suggest that even as a joke. It's against the rules and you would all be punished for it.
    wow, harsh much?

ReputationRep:
    can we make it so the car chosen is one that everyone can get easily? Not just something that you managed to get from the dealer by luck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)
    can we make it so the car chosen is one that everyone can get easily? Not just something that you managed to get from the dealer by luck?
    Mini Cooper S '07 is available in arcade mode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Mini Cooper S '07 is available in arcade mode.
    Is that this weeks car then? I didn't see it written at all in this thread. Sorry if I am just blind and have missed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)
    Is that this weeks car then? I didn't see it written at all in this thread. Sorry if I am just blind and have missed it
    Look in the spoiler thing in the op :p:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise it needed clicking. I thought it was a thing that would develop as peoples times were added...

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for this

ReputationRep:
    I don't have enough time to even play GT5 until Tuesday... stupid university work

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite disappointed that the times in game aren't realistic to the times in Top Gear. Lap times are much faster in game.

Anyway, here's my first submission:

1:30.507

Proof
    I don't usually drive in this view, it's just to prove I was driving in the Mini.

I haven't put in many laps so I expect this time to be beaten pretty easily! Just for reference I'm using a wheel + manual transmission.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.