The Student Room Group

Advice on procrastination...

How to overcome procrastination. How did you do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You cannot overcome procrastination. Procrastination overcomes you.
*subscribes* :colondollar:

EDIT: May I ask why my interest in this topic leads to neg reps?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Quadratic
You cannot overcome procrastination. Procrastination overcomes you.

Bad for me.
I have a 10 page assignment due for Wednesday and I've written a paragraph. I hate referencing, and I hate the fact that I have no idea what to write. I also hate that I'm resorting to cleaning and doing laundry to avoid my work. :lolwut: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Have a quick tactical w*** then hit past papers.

Got me an A* in Maths and A's in the rest.

:yep:
Reply 6
my problem is i do the bare minimum. i do all my homework and everything, but thats it. i rarely work on anything i dont necessarily have to do, which is kinda crap seeing as i have mocks in a week, and four exams all in one week in january :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by siani-chan
I have a 10 page assignment due for Wednesday and I've written a paragraph. I hate referencing, and I hate the fact that I have no idea what to write. I also hate that I'm resorting to cleaning and doing laundry to avoid my work. :lolwut: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? :s-smilie:

Welcome to our club.:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by laurie:)
my problem is i do the bare minimum. i do all my homework and everything, but thats it. i rarely work on anything i dont necessarily have to do, which is kinda crap seeing as i have mocks in a week, and four exams all in one week in january :s-smilie:

Law of the Minimum Effort.
ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK

Oh...you wanted to know how to stop procrastinating :getmecoat:
I'm in reverse procrastination mood at the moment, doing schoolwork to avoid doing other personal work. Oh deary me. :blush:
Original post by Fandabidoze!
I'm in reverse procrastination mood at the moment, doing schoolwork to avoid doing other personal work. Oh deary me. :blush:

Want to swap? :redface:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK

Oh...you wanted to know how to stop procrastinating :getmecoat:

What's yer fav pokemon?

Mine= A high level, killer BBQfryin:charm:

Thanks man, that is good logic.

I envy ya!

Was told to clean my room but need to study...
Original post by *mMmMm*
What's yer fav pokemon?

Mine= A high level, killer BBQfryin:charm:

Argh you ask me difficult questions...

Depends on the criteria, if we are just going for which pokemon I would rather have, it has to be a snorlax...if we were going for ultimate battle pokemon it's gotta be a charizard =D
Original post by siani-chan
Want to swap? :redface:

Yes actually. My Physics homework really isn't appealing to me. :tongue:
Yes actually. My Physics homework really isn't appealing to me. :tongue:

Neither is my physics assignment. :rolleyes:

Why can't I come up with any ideas?!
Reply 18
How did I do it? I'll tell you later. :p:

Umm...there's no easy way to overcome it, but I think since starting uni I've had to do so much more work than I thought possible. I'm not sure that I procrastinate less, but I've tried to become more productive. Need to read an article? Read the summary/abstract and/or conclusion first so you've got an idea of what it's about, then read it. Got an essay to write? Even if you're not going to do it now, check that the books you need are in the college library (and not only in the massive departmental one which is shut on Sundays...) so that you won't find it impossible to get hold of them at the last minute - rookie mistake!

I've also found that I tend to work better at night, probably because there are fewer distractions. Everyone else is in bed so it's completely silent and I know that nobody's on Facebook, so if I'm still awake after midnight, it's the perfect time to get some reading done. :yep:
Reply 19
Go out for a cup of strong coffee and a cigarette, this helps to think things through and i usually get a brainwave if im in a middle of an assignment

Quick Reply