Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chavs and Snow what to do about them... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I live in a horrible area where young chavs influenced by older chavs to continiously thow snowballs at our house, every single year, there was even the point where they smashed our windows and the police could not do anything about it just because of lack of evidence.

We are a chinese family, i have my single mum with 4 kids age 8-20 including me but as the oldest, i could nothing but sit inside unless it gets really bad, go out shout at them and then they continue to thow anyway. In the past constantly ringing the police but again they could do nothing about it.

As you can see I am dreading this year so much

so any advice?

plus anyone in similar situation?

I personally wish i could have one of those canon that could shoot ballons filled with bile. and std

ReputationRep:
    Squirt them with a hosepipe. Wet clothes + snow = not fun.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Erm, how did a SNOWBALL smash a window?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have christmas decorations up? As they may be targetting yours if there is no fancy lights like others.
    Could simply be they are chavy [email protected], but this could be a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Set up a camera, not outside your house of course (they'll try and break it), but inside your house that has a view of where the chavs are.

That = Evidence.

Hopefully it'll be sorted? The police doesn't handle with things as petty as chavs, but the housing estate/council services do. =)

ReputationRep:
    Do you have christmas decorations up? As they may be targetting yours if there is no fancy lights like others.
    Could simply be they are chavy [email protected], but this could be a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Acquire a gun, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    If the snowball is bulky enough and has a thick core of ice, then it probably can smash through a window.

ReputationRep:
    we had those single frame windows made out of would and glass, so imagine 10 chavs and lots of snowballs target one single living room window, as you you the more you pat the snowball into shape they more it hardens.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm liking the hosepipe idea. Although they'll probably start throwing bricks next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meilan990)
    Okay I live in a horrible area where young chavs influenced by older chavs to continiously thow snowballs at our house, every single year, there was even the point where they smashed our windows and the police could not do anything about it just because of lack of evidence.

We are a chinese family, i have my single mum with 4 kids age 8-20 including me but as the oldest, i could nothing but sit inside unless it gets really bad, go out shout at them and then they continue to thow anyway. In the past constantly ringing the police but again they could do nothing about it.

As you can see I am dreading this year so much

so any advice?

plus anyone in similar situation?

I personally wish i could have one of those canon that could shoot ballons filled with bile. and std
    Hey, give me your msn please, I'll help you out - been through this (I'm chinese with a Chinese family too, so I understand the way you do things/treat things, pm me your msn =) )

ReputationRep:

Snowballs with stones in them. A chav threw one at my friend last year and she had to go to hospital and was almost blinded.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Do a barrel roll...

or film it with cctv and report it to the police.
    Or do this:

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I really hate the use of the word 'chav'. It's stupidly derogatory.
    Secondly, if you do the camera idea you may need to put up signs saying that anyone near the property is on CCTV.
    Thirdly, is there anything that makes your house different?
    And fourthly, personally I'd be inclined to do the hosepipe thing. But be warned, that may simply escalate things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir-lewis)
    no thye're simply *****, its like the whole area is against us, sadly i have to say its racist bullying. petty bullying.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't underestimate what snowballs can do.

If they could make a snowball that's huge and compact (Rolled on the floor), it could easily shatter a window. Also, there's a strong possibility that these chavs put dirt and things inside the snow ball, making it more heavier and stronger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Instincts_2012)
    Hey, give me your msn please, I'll help you out - been through this (I'm chinese with a Chinese family too, so I understand the way you do things/treat things, pm me your msn =) )
    Great chat up line there mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meilan990)
    no thye're simply *****, its like the whole area is against us, sadly i have to say its racist bullying. petty bullying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Great chat up line there mate.
    ... I'm actually chinese o.O?

And I live in London - a poor area, with quite a lot of stabbings and chavs, and fireworks has been shot at my house before.

Not at all funny.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs build snowballs around big stones/rocks :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.