Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, I'm just feeling really down about my life I have an amazing boyfriend, but I don't get to see him very often. My family aren't that great, but not the worst. They just don't care tbh, they hate me talking about uni choices or anything I don't have friends tbh, have about four :P. Also, I have literally no money. Like none. My parents have never given me money (not saying they should don't worry) and I quit my job because I hated it and the money was crap. So yeah, I have no money. I can't afford anyone Christmas presents, which is making me feel so guilty and sad because of my boyfriend He's so lovely and I wish I could have made him happy wit nice pressies I dunno, I'm just feeling very down lately. My only hope is a fresh start at uni, but do you think it's bad to get my hopes up about uni?

Maybe you could give something hand made by yourself? I'm sure your boyfriend would be happy to receive something you put a lot of effort into. You can also cook him a Christmas meal if he is free for the night etc. :beard:

If you are just starting Uni then joining some clubs can be a great way for making friends. There are many events hosted for people in their first year so you should really go for it and get to know more people :beer:. You can also try for some part time jobs within a Uni like working in the library if you are in need of some money. :afro:

All in all, just keep your head up high and try your best to make your own future. Remember that there will always be ups and downs in life.

I wish you good luck. :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*
    how comes you don't get to see your boyfriend more often? and don;t worry about not having many friends, its quality not quantity... if you have great friends don't worry about not having hundreds of them money isn't everything, if you were unhappy with your job its best you quit so don't feel guilty you should definaty make your boyfriend something... perhaps try and find a cheap plain book and fill it with pictures and memories the two of you have? or promise to get him drinks and stuff for a day while he plays COD?
    definately look forward to uni... fresh start and all that
    hope yu feel better soon xx

(Original post by Katt-x)
    *hugs*
    how comes you don't get to see your boyfriend more often? and don;t worry about not having many friends, its quality not quantity... if you have great friends don't worry about not having hundreds of them money isn't everything, if you were unhappy with your job its best you quit so don't feel guilty you should definaty make your boyfriend something... perhaps try and find a cheap plain book and fill it with pictures and memories the two of you have? or promise to get him drinks and stuff for a day while he plays COD?
    definately look forward to uni... fresh start and all that
    hope yu feel better soon xx
    He lives far away, like 2 hours away, and my parents don't like him coming round very much And yeah the book idea sounds great actually I'll look into that one And yeah I'm feeling a bit better now Keep my chin up and all that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.