Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my best mate sleeps around. alot! Watch

ReputationRep:
    so my best mate was a virgin until a few months back.
    she wasn't the sort of girl to just go out and get with guys, she was pretty reserved etc, and never had a proper boyfriend.

so we were all pretty shocked when she went and slept with some guy she met in a bar drunkenly.
    since then, she's a whole new person. every week she calls me,saying she's slept with this guy from a club. i wouldn't mind this, i understand these thing happen, but it's every single week a different guy, and most of the time she doesn't use protection - which is what really irritates me. how can you not use protection with a random stranger?!

i need to make her see how dangerous this is for her but i don't know how.
    i've tried talking to her countless times. she's not on the pill so i'm very worried she's going to get pregnant, or chlamidia!
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Maybe fake an STD scare for yourself, act like your life is over, and then get the all clear. Might shock her system.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she has Aids. This will help - Aids.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her straight you'd rather not know about her exploits because it makes you feel a bit sick, but thanks all the same.

ReputationRep:
    in all fairness pregnancy and clyamidia are both easily solved,

scare with stories of syphillis (insanity and death) herpes (lots of pain and disfiguring blotches) or HIV (stigma and death)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    in all fairness pregnancy and clyamidia are both easily solved,

scare with stories of syphillis (insanity and death) herpes (lots of pain and disfiguring blotches) or HIV (stigma and death)
    Isn't the whole chlamydia being pretty hard to diagnose and possible infertility scary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_flowers)
    so my best mate was a virgin until a few months back.
    she wasn't the sort of girl to just go out and get with guys, she was pretty reserved etc, and never had a proper boyfriend.

so we were all pretty shocked when she went and slept with some guy she met in a bar drunkenly.
    since then, she's a whole new person. every week she calls me,saying she's slept with this guy from a club. i wouldn't mind this, i understand these thing happen, but it's every single week a different guy, and most of the time she doesn't use protection - which is what really irritates me. how can you not use protection with a random stranger?!

i need to make her see how dangerous this is for her but i don't know how.
    i've tried talking to her countless times. she's not on the pill so i'm very worried she's going to get pregnant, or chlamidia!
    any ideas?
    Why do you care.

ReputationRep:
    Print off loads of pictures of diseased genitals and when she's out, put them up all round her room

ReputationRep:
    Invite her to a movie night and then watch "Philadelphia" (or another movie about someone with HIV)

Seriously though, tell her it makes you uncomfortable to hear about such stories when she's putting her health at risk. Then leave it - you've given your advice, her choice if she wants to listen or not.

ReputationRep:
    Rather than being disapproving or overly worried, cos that's all mothering like, have you tried talking to her, asking if she liked them, who was best? If you get the convo going, you can bring up a guy you like, or a couple of them, and then be all, I kissed them both, but it's not like I'm sleeping with random guys or anything, oh sorry didn't mean it like that.

My mate said pretty much that to me, last year when I went somewhat wild, and it made me stop and think about what I was doing, without anyone being properly disapproving at me, which would've probs made me do it more

ReputationRep:
    can i have her number plz?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

ReputationRep:
    Dirty drunk **** is sleeping with random club guy who maybe has all the infection on this planet. What a stupid *****.

I told this my mum and she's laughing so hard. She says only dogs are ******** random dogs, just like your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dungeonkeepr)
    Rather than being disapproving or overly worried, cos that's all mothering like, have you tried talking to her, asking if she liked them, who was best? If you get the convo going, you can bring up a guy you like, or a couple of them, and then be all, I kissed them both, but it's not like I'm sleeping with random guys or anything, oh sorry didn't mean it like that.

My mate said pretty much that to me, last year when I went somewhat wild, and it made me stop and think about what I was doing, without anyone being properly disapproving at me, which would've probs made me do it more
    i can't do that though as i've got a boyfriend. although she knows i don't agree with one night stands with strangers anyway.
    i've talked to her about it countless times. when she's sober, she gets upset about what she's doing, and when she's drunk, she doesn't care.
    i dont go to uni with her so i only saw it first hand a few weeks ago when she tried to leave me to go back to her place on my own, so she could go back to this guy's she kissed.
    honestly i think it's just she comes on far too strongly. the guy she wanted to go back with that weekend i was down told me that she asked him to go back with him. but she told me he asked her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarn)
    You sound jealous.
    honestly it could not be further from jealousy. i have a boyfriend and one night stands are really not my thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarn)
    You sound jealous.
    You sound like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of judging her and trying to convince her to stop sleeping around, maybe just reinforce the dangers of sleeping around without protection. Whenever I have sex with someone (and of the 5 I've slept with, there's been a mix of "in a relationship" and "one night stand") I always use double protection i.e. pill and condom. She should always be using a condom anyway, for fear of STD's. Maybe just make comments like "well as long as you're safe" - which is what my friend once said to me when I was feeling odd about a ONS. At the end of the day it's her choice whether she sleeps with people or not, and no-one should judge her for it. Her body, her choice. Though she should then respect that by being protected.

ReputationRep:
    If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son...

ReputationRep:
    i can't do that though as i've got a boyfriend. although she knows i don't agree with one night stands with strangers anyway.
    i've talked to her about it countless times. when she's sober, she gets upset about what she's doing, and when she's drunk, she doesn't care.i dont go to uni with her so i only saw it first hand a few weeks ago when she tried to leave me to go back to her place on my own, so she could go back to this guy's she kissed.
    honestly i think it's just she comes on far too strongly. the guy she wanted to go back with that weekend i was down told me that she asked him to go back with him. but she told me he asked her.
    Tell her to drink less :dontknow: she isn't mature enough to be having sex if she doesn't even use protection with strangers :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i've talked to her about it countless times. when she's sober, she gets upset about what she's doing, and when she's drunk, she doesn't care.
    i dont go to uni with her so i only saw it first hand a few weeks ago when she tried to leave me to go back to her place on my own, so she could go back to this guy's she kissed.
    If she's unhappy about it when she's sober, then she definitely just doesn't see what she's doing - or has low self worth. At least half of what happened to me was that I honestly didn't think any guy would like me, so when they did, it was amazing and I didn't want to miss it. Talk to her when she's sober about going out with a group of friends, who'll stick with her and stop her (or just be cockblocky) if they have to. (it can be quite amusing to do that, mate of mine was hanging onto my coat so I wouldn't go do something stupid. Made me laugh so much I forgot about the guy)

(hopefully that didn't sound too patronising or whatever to her. Consider trying to set her up with a nice guy?)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.