Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What colour are Fridays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For me they are red.

Saturdays are black. Sunday's yellow, wednesday is blue, thursday grey, tuesday is orange and Monday is a sort of burgundy colour.

Does anyone else see days/months in colours?

I see the week as a D shape. Sat/Sun are the straight bits and the weekdays follow the curve -monday being top of curve and friday being at the end.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Synesthaesia right there.

Unless you've been taking some sort of mindbending drugs? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Rainbow.

ReputationRep:
    mines are TGI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    For me they are red.

Saturdays are black. Sunday's yellow, wednesday is blue, thursday grey, tuesday is orange and Monday is a sort of burgundy colour.

Does anyone else see days/months in colours?

I see the week as a D shape. Sat/Sun are the straight bits and the weekdays follow the curve -monday being top of curve and friday being at the end.
    Monday to Friday are grey due to living in Manchester. Saturday is Beige, Sunday is Magenta, The reason for this is unclear.

The days of the week for me make up a noose shape. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Fridays are always purple to me, due to the old Crunchie adverts. I remember as a child, I used to get sweets on the way home on a Friday and almost always picked a Crunchie.

ReputationRep:
    Right...

I had colours for them when I was younger. Monday was blue, Tuesday green, Wednesday yellow, Thursday grey and Friday red. The weekend was colourless.

I think it stemmed from a week in Reception in which every day had a colour for a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Synasthaesia right there.

Unless you've been taking some sort of mindbending drugs? :hmmm:
    What's that?

I thought this was one of those things that 'i thought i was the only one' but everyone else does too...

I thought i was a lone till i one day mentioned it to my Uni tutor who said Fridays were green and the year was in rows and not in a ring likw i thought :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I think Wednesdays are orange *insert corporate logo here*
    Honestly, I don't see days/words as colours, so it's just Friday for me.

ReputationRep:
    Fridays are blue.

ReputationRep:
    What's that?

I thought this was one of those things that 'i thought i was the only one' but everyone else does too...

I thought i was a lone till i one day mentioned it to my Uni tutor who said Fridays were green and the year was in rows and not in a ring likw i thought :dontknow:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

You aren't the only one, but it is relatively unusual.

Also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQIL4nuB-g.

ReputationRep:
    Thursdays are green. :yep:

I don't associate a colour with any of the other days, though. :dontknow:

Oh, and the week is shaped like a torus (a.k.a. a doughnut. :rolleyes:).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I used to highlight the dates that homework was due depending on the day, just so it was easier to know what was due in the next day.

Monday - Blue
    Tuesday - Pink
    Wednesday - Orange
    Thursday - Yellow
    Friday - Green
    Weekend - Turquoise

I chose these colours because they were the colours of my highlighters :mmm:

And the reason I did it was purely organisational rather than "seeing" the days as colours.

ReputationRep:
    Green for me

Mon- purple/blue
    Tues - yellow/orange
    Wed - turquoise
    Thurs - orange/red
    Fri - green

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually see the week/days in colours but I agree that Fridays (and Saturdays) would be red. Sundays would be grey. Tuesdays and Thursdays would be blue. Monday would be brown or black and Wednesdays would be yellow.

The "shape" of the week varies. I know what you mean with the "D" shape but I also sometimes see the week as a full circle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancStudent098)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

You aren't the only one, but it is relatively unusual.

Also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQIL4nuB-g.
    That's quite creepy. Would it be weird that I see tsr users in colour too? I don't know them but the ones i interact with regularly do hold a certain persona in my mind...and a colour. Do i just sound like a retard now? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Monday - Red
    Tuesday - Light Blue
    Wednesday - Orangey yellow
    Thursday - Orangey Red
    Friday - Grey
    Saturday - Light yellow
    Sunday - Same as Wednesday

January - Light Blue
    February - Green
    March - Orange
    April - Greeney yellow
    May - Light Pink
    June - Purple
    July - Purple
    August - Greeney yellow
    September - Orangey Yellow
    October - Red
    November - Black
    December - Bluey Grey

I have colours for most words, I think it often has something to do with specific letters, like the letter a is green and s is yellow, t is blue etc. Some don't follow that pattern. I don't get the shape thing though.

Oh and I've also taken colours into account when choosing universities...

ReputationRep:
    For me they are red.
    red for me too

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday is yellow and Wednesday is orange for me

ReputationRep:
    That's quite creepy. Would it be weird that I see tsr users in colour too? I don't know them but the ones i interact with regularly do hold a certain persona in my mind...and a colour. Do i just sound like a retard now? :p:
    hah, not retarded. It's just a cross over between different senses. Must add a certain ricjness to the way you perceive the world. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.