Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to wear over-the-knee socks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wellll I'm sick of wearing tights on nights out, but it's far too cold to go out with bare legs this time of year! What do you suggest to wear with them?

(Original post by xgeorgia)
      Wellll I'm sick of wearing tights on nights out, but it's far too cold to go out with bear legs this time of year! What do you suggest to wear with them?
      I would have thought 'bear' leg would be pretty warm :awesome:

:getmecoat:

I've seen some girls wearing black tights with grey socks over them. :dontknow: They look good with patterned tights.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
      I would have thought 'bear' leg would be pretty warm
      haha, typo!

ReputationRep:
      Yeah I would like to know this, I used to love wearing over the knee socks, and would like to again

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
      I would have thought 'bear' leg would be pretty warm :awesome:

:getmecoat:

I've seen some girls wearing black tights with grey socks over them. :dontknow: They look good with patterned tights.
      Nice. :cool:
      You could also have referred to the slang context of "bear". For example, "there are bear girls in this club" meaning " there are many girls in this club".

Nevertheless, well played!

ReputationRep:
      Don't shave your legs and grow them hairy. That'll keep yer legs warm.
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Okay as someone said either wear long socks over tights or wear them with a skirt, shorts or dress (just make sure you can bend over safely before leaving house)

I go for a more quirky rather than slutty look - I don't wear them with high heels as this looks quite ****gy IMO :P Normally end up wearing them with pumps, brogues or my worker boots (depending on which club I'm heading to!)

Quite often wear this skirt

with black/grey knee high socks, black top and grey cardi

I'd also wear like this or like this

ReputationRep:
      I wore over the knee socks with mini-shorts, a vest top and braces when I was on a fancy dress night out? They annoyed me the whole time coz they kept falling down :p:

ReputationRep:
      Yeah Brogues or ankle boots are the best shoe options. And yeah, high waisted skirt, plain tshirt and boyfriend cardigan?

ReputationRep:
      i usually wear over the knee socks with black tights underneath, but thats during the day. the only other times i've worn over the knee socks is on fancy dress nights out

ReputationRep:
      i wear them with boots that are just shorter and a tube skirt, (so you can just see the socks), or with jeans underneath.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
      over the knee socks with mini-skirt
      Fixed.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
      With a short skirt or dress, obviously!
      Just be careful with shoes, strappy or sandaly are a definite no-no.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
      I'd also wear like this or like this
      I came on this thread thinking, there is no way over the knee socks can be worn in a way that makes them look good.
      However, you have proved me wrong! Love those outfits, may have to invest myself now

ReputationRep:
      http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alharrison4)
      I came on this thread thinking, there is no way over the knee socks can be worn in a way that makes them look good.
      However, you have proved me wrong! Love those outfits, may have to invest myself now
      Ha ha indeed, can be worn indie chic and not sluttily, who would have guessed?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
      Nice. :cool:
      You could also have referred to the slang context of "bear". For example, "there are bear girls in this club" meaning " there are many girls in this club".

Nevertheless, well played!
      Are you "ironically" making the same mistake as OP or do you just really not understand the joke/spelling?

ReputationRep:
      Ummm... Don't?

Unless you're going to a fancy dress party...

ReputationRep:
      I love over the knee socks but they ALWAYSSSS roll down

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MancStudent098)
      Are you "ironically" making the same mistake as OP or do you just really not understand the joke/spelling?
      I don't really know what you mean TBH. I was making a joke out of the OP's spelling but realize I may also have made a mistake myself (by saying bare in the slang context is spelt bear, which I intended to do otherwise the joke wouldn't really have worked IMO).

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.