Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my boss took my phone and read my texts Watch

Announcements

So, last night my boss saw me texting and she took my phone. Then she starting reading my texts About 30 minutes after I realized she read my texts, I asked her for my phone battery, and she said no. When she took my phone, I had turned it off, but when I got it back I discovered she opened up text messages that I got and that I didn't read yet. And I even asked her to not read my texts.
    there were some pretty embarrassing messages on there from some girls so I don't know if she read them. I feel pretty embarrassed.
    also my boss went around telling other employees what my texts were saying

is she allowed to do this? what do i do

ReputationRep:
    Where do your work? Regardless, I dont think she should be reading your messages, she should have just told you to put it away, nosy cow!

ReputationRep:
    No, report it to someone higher than her in the company. Jack all will happen (it never does and shes a woman) but its the principal

ReputationRep:
    That there would be bullying in the workplace.

Is there someone higher up than your boss that you can take it up with? Most places have some sort of system in place for dealing with bullying.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like b*tch

Anyone above her you could report to? I wouldn't let it go if I were you

ReputationRep:
    report it to her boss, next time she ask for your phone, tell her to sod off and frak herself

ReputationRep:
    What a cnut. She deserves good, fat Motarola shoved into her arse.

ReputationRep:
    Report it higher, or to HR or something.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's outrageous! Granted you shouldn't have been texting - but that is an invasion of your privacy!! Complain - is there someone higher up than her?... I would not let this go - at the very least go for a formal apology.

ReputationRep:
    Report to her supervisor :yep: and insist that something is done about this and you want to be informed of the disciplinary action taken, as well as a formal apology from her.

A similar situation happened with my friend who works at currys, after 3 days the manager had to apologise to him and he was under that corporate monitoring thing for 6 months!

Do this!

ReputationRep:
    Why did you think posting this here was a good idea

ReputationRep:
    She should not be reading your texts, under any circumstances. Report her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.