Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html

A MOTHER and father left a pub covered in blood after they were attacked in front of their two young children.

The mother was punched in the face and slashed with a broken bottle after an argument at The Harvester, in Beulah Hill, Upper Norwood.

When the father stepped in to protect her, he was smashed over the head with a bottle.

The couple also claim their children, aged just 6 and 9, were racially abused.

The mother said a woman started the confrontation by suggesting she was looking at her.

When the father tried to defuse the situation, the others in the group began hurling racist abuse, even calling the couple's six-year-old a "white devil".
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I this family was black/asian etc, would have still made this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    :rolleyes:

If the family were black/asian/etc, would you even ask such a stupid question?

-sigh- No, I probably wouldn't, because it would be all over the news by now and someone else would have posted the story well before I did.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't surprise me. I used to live in an Asian-majority part of London, and could tell you some stories about racism against white people.

ReputationRep:
    Racial attacks on a white family is uncommon and shows a dramatic shift in culture and attitudes within that culture and is a very significant piece of news. Plus, it's just non excusable and disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    People still go to Harvester? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Sorry what's your source croydon today ? Seriously ?

What kind of pub was this ? I've never been in a pub that wasn't atleast 95% white. How on earth did the other family get away with it ? Nobody stepped in to stop them ? I would say exactly the same thing if you told me that someone got away with racially attacking a muslim in a mosque.

If this happened the way croydon today explained it then it's disgusting. The way any racially motivated attack is. However I highly doubt it went this way. Doesn't seem logical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    People still go to Harvester? :lolwut:
    I love Harvester :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfg0987)
    ...someone called the kid a 'white devil' so it's a 'racial attack'? the attacker could have been white as well?
    I don't think they would have labelled it a racial attack if the attackers were white as well?

The Harvester is great! except the chicken isn't exceptional there :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arenas123)
    What kind of pub was this ? I've never been in a pub that wasn't atleast 95% white. How on earth did the other family get away with it ? Nobody stepped in to stop them ? I would say exactly the same thing if you told me that someone got away with racially attacking a muslim in a mosque.
    What?!
    For one, fights in pubs happen all the time before people have a chance to step in.
    Two, your comparison of it to a muslim being racially abused in a mosque is the worst comparison ever! Acting as though a pub is a white person mosque, where people of other Races/Religeons don't feel the need to enter.
    I'm pretty sure i've seen black people in pubs...

ReputationRep:
    Well racism goes both ways. It happens to people who aren't white all the time, so why is this such a big deal? Racist people are still alive, shocker.

ReputationRep:
    It would be all over the news.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I'd get in to a brawl at the salad bar if some ***** was muscling in on my beetroot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arenas123)
    Sorry what's your source croydon today ? Seriously ?

If this happened the way croydon today explained it then it's disgusting. The way any racially motivated attack is. However I highly doubt it went this way. Doesn't seem logical.
    I've been into a pub where the patronage has been 50% white and 50% black; it was 10:30 in the morning and the only two people in there was me and some black dude that I played a few games of pool with.

ReputationRep:
    thats not very nice
    /

ReputationRep:
    Not surprising. I knew a scottish white guy who wanted to open a business in a predominantly Asian street in Glasgow. When he was setting up later one evening, a group of Pakistani boys came in and threatened him with swords, messing up the premises. He broke his lease and cancelled his plans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    Well racism goes both ways. It happens to people who aren't white all the time, so why is this such a big deal? Racist people are still alive, shocker.
    how do you not see the point? if it did happen then it's definitely a worthy topic of conversation because racial attacks against white people in england are rare. as long as people don't start getting all daily mail about it i don't see the problem

ReputationRep:
    Quite a sad thing to hear but what's even sadder is mugs like the OP trying to gain something from the family's ordeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    OMG. it is so close to my area

Damn it I cant understand why people would behave like this?!!!!

At least behave yourself it is NOT originally your country even if you/your parents were born here, this is orginally THEIR country cant you just be civil???? Damn it, immigrants!!! you're making your race ashamed of you. This really pisses me off!!!!

(Come on, neg-rape me! :sexface:)
    are you mental? the country is no more mine than anyone else's who has lived here their entire life, regardless of where their parents are from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    :rolleyes:

If the family were black/asian/etc, would you even ask such a stupid question?

-sigh- No, I probably wouldn't, because it would be all over the news by now and someone else would have posted the story well before I did.
    Why would it be all over the news? Non-white people are racially abused more than white people in this country by tenfold. I seldom see this on the news.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.