Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nigel Farage: The Euro game is up! Watch

ReputationRep:

Nice speech. The man is right on every count.

ReputationRep:
    He's very articulate, i'll give him that

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. Otherwise how is Ireland supposed to pay back 250 billion euro plus interest within four years, with such a small population :lolwut:?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for AutoTune the News to get hold of this...

ReputationRep:
    "stupidy and greed" "Nationalism and violence"

they sound correlated.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Good speech really. Tbh he is right although the collapose of the EU will be very bad. The EU cannot keep affording to bail out one country after another this Eurozone crsis is very very bad. However if nothing is doen this will damage the UK as our trading partners go back into rescessions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    "stupidy and greed" "Nationalism and violence"

they sound correlated.

That sounds suspiciously like something your average student leftist would say in a bid to sound cool and as if they knew what they were talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Good speech really. Tbh he is right although the collapose of the EU will be very bad. The EU cannot keep affording to bail out one country after another this Eurozone crsis is very very bad. However if nothing is doen this will damage the UK as our trading partners go back into rescessions
    'Germany will bail out every Euro country before collapsing'

If this is German government thinking, Germans will be working til they drop.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamora)
    'Germany will bail out every Euro country before collapsing'

If this is German government thinking, Germans will be working til they drop.
    Germany can say what ever the hell they want but the german taxpayer will take some convincing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Germany can say what ever the hell they want but the german taxpayer will take some convincing.
    True, but the next German federal election isn't due until October 2013 and I can't see Germans rioting on the streets. Perhaps the German government doesn't need to convince Germans in order to go ahead with more bail outs?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    True, but the next German federal election isn't due until October 2013 and I can't see Germans rioting on the streets. Perhaps the German government doesn't need to convince Germans in order to go ahead with more bail outs?
    True but even so. Germany is using the bailouts to punish these countries. Look at the high intrest rate that has been put on the loans. For other bailouts its likely to be higher meaning that these countries may end up struggling to pay their debts causing them to default and thus causing another major crisis in the EU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    True but even so. Germany is using the bailouts to punish these countries. Look at the high intrest rate that has been put on the loans. For other bailouts its likely to be higher meaning that these countries may end up struggling to pay their debts causing them to default and thus causing another major crisis in the EU
    Could be purely self-interest on Germany's part. Without the single currency, and with the reintroduction of the Mark, German exports would increase in price, but then if the eurozone countries are bankrupted by debt they aren't going to be able to afford to buy German goods anyway.

It's kafkaesque.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Could be purely self-interest on Germany's part. Without the single currency, and with the reintroduction of the Mark, German exports would increase in price, but then if the eurozone countries are bankrupted by debt they aren't going to be able to afford to buy German goods anyway.

It's kafkaesque.
    Tbh from what I have seen of Germany they are happy as long as the EU works for them. As you say I think its all self interest. I suppose they still have big markets to trade with in Asia and America but with out the EU its going to cause shock waves across the globe, which is why I do not understand those calling for the EU to collapse it would damage the UK just as much as France and other EU countries.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the EU and the Eurozone are stopped before it's too late.

ReputationRep:
    Another great speech by Nigel Farage. The EU are going to turn Ireland, Greece and who else they need to bailout into third world countries. I hope the EU and it's money wasting/leeching bueraucrats goes down in flames and NEVER returns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Tbh from what I have seen of Germany they are happy as long as the EU works for them. As you say I think its all self interest. I suppose they still have big markets to trade with in Asia and America but with out the EU its going to cause shock waves across the globe, which is why I do not understand those calling for the EU to collapse it would damage the UK just as much as France and other EU countries.
    I wonder for how much longer the German people will think the EU is working for them. The German people might decide their interests are not the same as German politicians and large German companies. Maybe they don't want to work til they drop!

And I'm not one of the people calling for the EU to collapse. I just don't think the UK should a part of it. IMO, EU membership damages the interests of the people of the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    But without the EU trading restrictions with other countries, e.g china, will be lifted so we can trade with them instead.

ReputationRep:
    pure scaremongering. he'd rather talk the euro down and have it fail so millions of ppl suffer then work to improve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)
    pure scaremongering. he'd rather talk the euro down and have it fail so millions of ppl suffer then work to improve it.
    This isn't scaremongering. It's reality.

As each day passes the scale of the eurozone debt crisis only seems to deepen. Comfortable illusions of the euro having been saved are swept aside. The list of those who might need rescuing only lengthens.

All eyes were on Spain and Portugal, but then doubts began emerging about Belgium and Italy ...

Gavin Hewitt's Europe blog.
    A single currency cannot exist for EU member states until they have one economic policy. Maybe at some point in the future they will, but they haven't yet. The EU was too impatient.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't scaremongering. It's reality.

A single currency cannot exist for EU member states until they have one economic policy. Maybe at some point in the future they will, but they haven't yet. The EU was too impatient.
    what is farage planning on doing? just deleting a currency?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.