Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I've been friends with this girl for about a year now, not particularly close but we used to see each other a fair bit through school etc. We do have a bit of history in that we nearly dated at the beginning, but we decided not to for one reason or another.

Anyway, we haven't seen each other for a while now. We did meet up once about a month ago where things got a little flirty, but I was "chasing" another girl at the time, so I held back a fair bit to make sure she didn't think anything of it. Apart from that its just been the odd facebook comment now and again.

Well the other day she contacted me out of the blue (she was after something :rolleyes:), but I took the opportunity to ask her out for coffee to catch up. Well she said yes, which is the first time she's ever agreed to meet up one-to-one.

I've been thinking about it, and I do kind of still have feelings for her. But how should I take this "date"? Do I just do what I said and catch up with her, use it as an opportunity to re-spark our friendship? Or should I jump in at the deep end and try and make it more into a date, flirty etc, perhaps take her somewhere afterwards? What will she expect do you think?

I guess what I'm really saying is how slowly should I take this?

All advice is appreciated Thank you guys !

ReputationRep:
    Give the ***** what she wants.... Be a man, dominate her so she's crawling all over you.

Be a man.
    • TSR Support Team

Well go on this coffee date and see where it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've been friends with this girl for about a year now, not particularly close but we used to see each other a fair bit through school etc. We do have a bit of history in that we nearly dated at the beginning, but we decided not to for one reason or another.

Anyway, we haven't seen each other for a while now. We did meet up once about a month ago where things got a little flirty, but I was "chasing" another girl at the time, so I held back a fair bit to make sure she didn't think anything of it. Apart from that its just been the odd facebook comment now and again.

Well the other day she contacted me out of the blue (she was after something :rolleyes:), but I took the opportunity to ask her out for coffee to catch up. Well she said yes, which is the first time she's ever agreed to meet up one-to-one.

I've been thinking about it, and I do kind of still have feelings for her. But how should I take this "date"? Do I just do what I said and catch up with her, use it as an opportunity to re-spark our friendship? Or should I jump in at the deep end and try and make it more into a date, flirty etc, perhaps take her somewhere afterwards? What will she expect do you think?

I guess what I'm really saying is how slowly should I take this?

All advice is appreciated Thank you guys !
    Sounds like you did the right thing in grabbing the chance to ask her out! My advice is don't go into the deep end just yet, in case she's not at 'that level' with you, and you might scare her away. I would advise you to drop hints during this coffee date though, maybe joking about taking her out afterwards. A little flirting won't do any harm. Gl!

ReputationRep:
    Start slow, as a friendly catch up, and see where it goes. Should be easy to tell by the way she responds!

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd go for the coffee and then see where it goes, if you get on well then so be it but take it slow and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Flirt a bit, but don't take things too seriously or insinuate its a date.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, If I were you, I'd go for coffee & take it slow, but make sure you keep the conversation live & try an be hilarious. Believe me, being funny with a girl can get you places

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.