ReputationRep:
    I wanted to rep someone, but it wouldn't count my rep and told me go "try rating some other users" instead.

why?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    I wanted to rep someone, but it wouldn't count my rep and told me go "try rating some other users" instead.

why?
    You can only rate posts by the same member again after you've rated a reasonable number of other member's posts, to prevent abuse of the reputation system.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Could it not be changed so that it's either after you've repped a certain number of users or after a certain length of time has passed?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKTx)
    Could it not be changed so that it's either after you've repped a certain number of users or after a certain length of time has passed?
    I'd have no problem with this as it would achieve the same goal, but it's one for admin to consider I'm afraid.

Was the message changed? I recall getting a different one before ('You have recently rated a post by this user'). :iiam:
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      Was the message changed? I recall getting a different one before ('You have recently rated a post by this user'). :iiam:
      Yeah :yep: Back in the day, whether it was in the live version of 3.8 or not (I can't remember - it might just have been on the dev site), it said "Chill." at the end too :p:
      • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xKTx)
      I agree, this would be preferable.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Wiki Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      Well I (and others I know too) only really frequent a few forums/threads as we dont necessarily have time to look through some of the more busy ones. This would mean that those people are disadvantaged if fewer than 40 people also frequent them. I know you don't want rep circles etc and you could implement a reasonable time frame in which you can't rep someone again
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xKTx)
      Well I (and others I know too) only really frequent a few forums/threads as we dont necessarily have time to look through some of the more busy ones. This would mean that those people are disadvantaged if fewer than 40 people also frequent them. I know you don't want rep circles etc and you could implement a reasonable time frame in which you can't rep someone again
      Yeh, I agree with this. There is only a handful of people on the forum which I post in and I can't rep any of them.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.