Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Wondering if you could help me out. I'm a first year Uni student studying Law with Journalism. I've started doing some youtube work, to practice getting myself on camera and getting some feedback from people about well... everything really.

Please check it out and leave me a comment either on youtube or on here with what you think!

I don't know what direction I'll take with it - be it political, music, food, lifestyle, or just a bit of everything! So subscribe if you're interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj-qOHSTMNw

Thanks, Sam

ReputationRep:
    Can't hear your voice and you could at least attempt to look straight.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you're quite cute which always helps if you want to be a presenter

Good points:
    -The content in the video was very good
    -By the last part you seem to have a good sense of humour which is again good
    -Seemed quite confident

Points to work on:
    -You came across a tiny bit monotonous, not too much, but you might want to be some more passion etc. into it.
    -As you already said, you were a bit babbly especially at the beginning when you were explaining why you were doing it

Overall, you defo have the makings of a good debater and a very good presenter I shall try and keep watching your next ones to see how you progress, maybe you could sent me a pm each time to remind me and i'll give you feedback!

Edit: I agree with the person above, talk louder and into the camera.

ReputationRep:
    @bazlehman I'll use a mic next time and I don't think sexuality is an issue.

@Potally_Tissed - fair enough. Probably only about 2 minutes without the introduction about what I'm doing. Or do you think a video should be a minute or less in length?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamRichardson)
    @Potally_Tissed - fair enough. Probably only about 2 minutes without the introduction about what I'm doing. Or do you think a video should be a minute or less in length?
    3.5 minutes is just a bit lengthy for (not trying to be rude here) what is essentially an amateur monologue. If you make it shorter then lazy inattentive people like me will be more inclined to watch.

Would also help if the background wasn't 40% black and you were wearing something that wasn't also black. Looks a little bit gloomy.

ReputationRep:
    -Not enough volume.
    -Too many "ummm"s, you need to sound like you know what you're talking about and be as confident as possible. This may take several takes, especially at first.
    -Sitting and talking straight into the camera is not a very interesting way to do it. Vary your content a little, add (relevant!) pictures and text info to the screen, but not too many, otherwise it just looks confusing and messy.

ReputationRep:
    @Potally_Tissed No offence taken, it's all very amateur! It's literally just me sat in my bedroom haha! I'll find somewhere better to record too, thanks for your help!

@Blueflare Completely agree with you on all of it I don't have any posh software yet but I'll definitely start looking into it. I deliberately didn't do several takes to give myself the extra pressure of a one-take situation. Unnecessary for youtube but will help me in the long-run not being reliant on several takes. Thanks for your comments!

ReputationRep:
    Great 1st blog. Keep it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 000015080)
    Great 1st blog. Keep it up
    Thanks!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.