Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so there's this girl in my halls, and she is so annoying. She spends most of her time in the kitchen for some reason and is just plain noisy.

First of all, i'm in the middle of a 5 flat hall, and I can hear everything from my room, all I ever hear is her stupid hyena like laugh when she's on the phone which seems to be quite a lot of the time.

Secondly, she plays her music far too loud and sings out loud to it...

Thirdly, is the TV, firstly everyone agreed that the TV would not be on too loud. But she has sort of ignored this and just puts BBC news or Hollyoaks (Ugh) on full blast.

I'm not the sort of person too confront someone but this is a joke, I was thinking about complaining and try to get her moved so a friend can move in but I don't think it will work.

Oh she takes up too much fridge space too...*****. I need to shout out loud!!!!! But people might be studying (See how considerate I am)

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried talking to her? Honestly, what I've learnt is some peolpe don't realise how annoying they are until people talk to them about it. Just go her room one day, sit her down, talk to her about something completely random like school or something and then tell her about your problem.
    Don't yell and don't sound confrontational, because then she'll get all defensive and rude...

Don't think telling others about her in your halls is a good idea too. She would hate your guts for that.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    then talk to her about it

ReputationRep:
    that ***** needs a slap!

ReputationRep:
    Stop being passive aggressive on TSR and talk to her yourself.

ReputationRep:
    One of my flatmates was driving me absolutely mental for similar reasons this time last year, it's probably the effect of the long semester. You probably won't mind them so much after Christmas, that's what happened to me.

Edit: at least she's putting the news on instead of sodding Friends repeats...

ReputationRep:
    You want her to move out so a friend can move in? Well that's *****y. Why don't you just ask her to turn her tv down?

Tough luck if you don't like her laugh or singing though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.