The Student Room Group

Do people discriminate against others who have less photos/wall activity on Facebook?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by robotwars
facebook has, lets face it, taken over most peoples lives and it annoys me because i'm not the type of person to care about the site. but i know people who think of me as inferior if they see my facebook has less photos/less wall activity/less friends than theirs. its so silly and shallow. does anyone else get this?

I am not a big fan of facebook either and I know many people who don't even have a facebook account. It's understandable to add people who you have lost contact with i.e. I have added some old friends from my primary school, but adding and talking to people who you see in school/college everyday is pretty pointless. What's even worse is when 10 people have the same bloody status. Seriously I don't give a **** about who went out in X factor. If people think of you as inferior because you has less friends or photos then they are shallow bastards and you should remind them that there is something called Life. They probably don't know what grass looks like.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
I agree with you, because if you want to come across as really popular you can easily gain a great number of 'friends' on Facebook by adding every person you can possible think of.. and you may not have much wall activity because you just don't like letting everyone else know what's going on in your life (like me:smile:) ) And yeah, I've noticed people paying quite a lot of attention to other people's facebook, I've heard comments like "His/her wall is all empty, ha-ha-ha" which I personally find silly and immatrure, to be honest:smile:
Reply 22
Don't have Facebook, don't see the point of having it.
I think people who have lots of wall activity are pretty pathetic. Not as bad as the people who "like" everything.
Reply 24
thanks for the replies :smile: i'll go through them now and comment on some of them.
I know lots of people who have very active social lives but use Facebook very sparingly, not everyone with an exciting life needs to prove it to everyone they know by posting about it on the internet. The people who spend all day chatting on Facebook and making themselves appear popular are probably the ones who feel as though they have something to prove.. Personally, I couldn't care less how my Facebook appears to others. It is no reflection of my real life.
I have a Facebook, and with a fair amount of photos, but I probably update a status every two weeks or so. I feel like people judge me.. based on my FB activity. Before, I would have disagreed, saying that people wouldn't really make judgements on who's more inferior over an online social network like this, but look what's happened to this conforming society. I've watched how things have progressively changed around me in my sixth form. Those who post a lot of photos, [pointless] wall comments, and update their statuses every hour or so are instantly 'liked', almost 'accepted' by everyone. Those who have a lack of activity on the network are automatically looked down upon. 'Not as cool'.

You know, some people spot a new person in school or whatever and immediately add them on Facebook. Fair enough. But then to base their impressions of the person from that single profile page.. how updated their statuses are, how many pictures, usually.. it's ridiculous, I feel that an increasing amount of students are failing to approach each other in the real world.

If anything, Facebook frustrates me.
..and that girl who likes everything? :mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by JayB124
Not as bad as the people who 'like' everything.

Original post by heartimplode

..and that girl who likes everything? :mad:

Oh **** :mmm:

OP, the less you do on facebook = the more you do in the real world. If anyone says anything about your lack of activity just explain that you were too busy having a life outside the internet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending