Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sweeny Todd? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So Sweeny Todd is on channel 4 tonight. The tv magazine I have says that its a musical, but its also rated 5* and its a horror film.

I hate musicals (lol) but love horror films, and as its 5* it must be great! Do you reckon it should be something I watch, or is it really musical?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's not like a typical musical, but there are songs in it.

Why don't you start watching it and decide after 10/15 mins whether you want to carry on it or not?

ReputationRep:
    they sing alot and its not as horrory as things such as saw, but recommended

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely recommend it, even if you don't like musicals.
    On a side note, why do I always find that films are on tv days after i buy the dvd!?

"YOU GANDERED AT MY WARD.. "

Everything about this film is just gold. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
      I like Timothy Spall's over acting in every scene.

Great film but if there are alot of songs if you don't like musicals it maybe too much for you. I personally love it because they link over the top violence with singing and they actually made it work.

ReputationRep:
        i remember when this first come out i went to see it with a friend and we both hated it cos of my musical side. giving it another chance 2night!!

(Original post by TVC 15)
          I like Timothy Spall's over acting in every scene.
          Ahahah, he's such a legend. :adore:

Pirelli cracks me up. "Nope. It was a the pope. :wizard:"

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
          Ahahah, he's such a legend. :adore:

Pirelli cracks me up. "Nope. It was a the pope. :wizard:"
          I like Pirelli's outfit where you can see his balls. So stylish and cute.

I didn't think much of it. It certainly wasn't great, but it wasn't memorably terrible either. All told: An interesting but uninspiring film.

Submit reply
          TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.