Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really need some quick helpful advice.

Tommorow, I have to attend an induction training day for a new job. My problem is, that I've started my period today and it's pretty heavy and I've also got leg, back and stomach pains, as well as feeling bloated, all the usual stuff. Now I know I'm still going to be experiencing the same thing tommorow, which is a problem because I'm not going to be able to concentrate/focus, plus i'm probably going to be on my feet for most of the training. I really need this job and don't want anything to **** it up; i should note that i'll be trained and then interviewed, I know it's slightly odd

So what can I do to ease the pain, bloating etc.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Hope for a female, understanding interviewer. Or just don't be a poof - you've got 40 years of this.

ReputationRep:
      I think I stumbled into the wrong kind of thread here :erm: my bad

ReputationRep:
      Bananas help me with the pain, oddly :erm:. Also ibuprofen/ other medication, though I'm sure you know that already. I also find that being on my feet and being active helps the pain too, so hopefully that will be the case for you!

Good luck and sorry for my crappy advice :hugs:

ReputationRep:
      :console: Take feminax or something :dontknow: Just try yozr best to battle the pain. If not, let whoever is in charge know that you are unwell from the start of the day. I fainted twice at due to period pain so its best to give them the heads up first. You could possibly leave early if possible, they will understand.

Do tummy exercises before you leave, take pain killers, make sure you are active, wear something comfy. And just think positive!!!

Good luck!!!

LOL at how guys always come sniffing to threads directed at girls, this should teach them a lesson :p:

(Original post by ily_em)
      Bananas help me with the pain, oddly :erm:. Also ibuprofen/ other medication, though I'm sure you know that already. I also find that being on my feet and being active helps the pain too, so hopefully that will be the case for you!

Thank you, I might just give the banana a go, I suppose theres no harm in trying.

As for the medication, I usually take Feminax and it tends to help quite alot with easing the stomach cramps, I guess the leg and back pain are the main problem.

I just hope I don't slip, due to the snow/ice!

ReputationRep:
      Feminax definetly. And try to go for a walk before - exercise really does help, it's not just the PE teachers lying!

ReputationRep:
      yea i heard good things about feminax, ibruprofen usually works for my back pains, try to drink something hot on your way to the interview.
      Good luck

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ily_em)

Me too with bananas and ibuprofen.

OP: It's also true that the body will respond to temperature change over pain, so if you are slightly too cold/ hot it will lessen your bodies reaction to pain.
      Hope this helps and good luck!

(Original post by ipulledhermione)
      :console: Take feminax or something :dontknow: Just try yozr best to battle the pain. If not, let whoever is in charge know that you are unwell from the start of the day. I fainted twice at due to period pain so its best to give them the heads up first. You could possibly leave early if possible, they will understand.

Do tummy exercises before you leave, take pain killers, make sure you are active, wear something comfy. And just think positive!!!

Good luck!!!

LOL at how guys always come sniffing to threads directed at girls, this should teach them a lesson :p:
      I don't generally have a problem when it comes to certain period issues, but it seems that this time it's slighty more painful. Normally I'd either have stomach cramps or the odd leg pain, but it's just all come at once this time! I'll definitely be taking the Feminax, although I'm slightly apprehensive about telling them that I'm unwell. If I do feel really unwell midway then I'll let them know.

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
      Ginger tea!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.