Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I REALLY like him, but I think he likes her :( Watch

Okay, so there's this guy who I've practically fallen head over heels for, and I knew that he liked me (we always used to talk, and we've pulled a few times) and I was waiting for him to do something because I'd been told by people that he really liked me...

But then he started asking advice from this girl who I know and since then we haven't spoken as often as we used to. This girl has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around/making out with people's boyfriends etc, as she's also a bit weirdly competitive with me (no idea why).

Anyway, I'm beginning to think that he no longer likes me and likes her instead, especially because they seem to talk way more than they used to (originally, I know from another friend, he was always talking to her about how much he liked me ) Is it possible that he is still talking to her about me, or is something else? They seem really close and it upsets me

Please help me, I really like him, and the thought of him now getting together with her (especially as I think she just wants him because of me) is really getting to me. I can't say anything to her as I'll come off as jealous and irrational, and I can't say anything to him for fear of rejection.

What should I do to try and make him like me again?

And in any case, if they do get together how do I pretend that it isn't breaking my heart when I'm around them as I inevitably will be as we have mutual friends?

I have to add that I'm not actually sure that they are getting together, I just suspect that, knowing her, they probably are. Plus he keeps posting things like "Do you want to?" What does that mean? Does he like her? I'm so upset

ReputationRep:
    just tell him you like him more than a friend, you say you've talked to him loads, so you must be able to trust him right, chat online or text if u want to make it easier, or couldn't you just ask him if he likes her in a friendly way. so what if you come off jealous for like one second, squeeze it into a related convo if u have to...

ReputationRep:
    You haven't sent him nudes have you what did you expect.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you get one of these 'mutual friends' to talk to him and find out what is going on in his head? I know it's a bit highschool but if you don't want to talk to either him or her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have to add that I'm not actually sure that they are getting together, I just suspect that, knowing her, they probably are. Plus he keeps posting things like "Do you want to?" What does that mean? Does he like her? I'm so upset
    ah the internet generation.....you don't "say" things, you "post" them, this has obviously been carried out on the internet!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he lost interest because he thought you weren't interested? Fear of rejection shouldn't stop you now, telling him how you feel might be the only way to make him lose interest in the other girl.

Do it quickly.....BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

ReputationRep:
    Leave him alone if he likes someone else, stop starting ****.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of waiting, why didn't you tell him about your feelings?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you make the first move?

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    ah the internet generation.....you don't "say" things, you "post" them, this has obviously been carried out on the internet!
    Does that matter? Anyway, aren't you part of the 'Internet generation' right now haha?

If anything that makes things easier for me: it would be worse for me to carry on as I am and then realise he doesn't like me when I'm in too far. If he's getting with this girl at least I know about it and can pretend I don't care before I humiliate myself, even if it is eating me up inside...

(Original post by Fallen)
    Why can't you make the first move?
    Because I'm too scared haha

If he rejects me it will be really awkward, and everyone will know about it because everyone knows that 'there is something going on' between us

What do I even say? I'd rather try and find out if he likes this other girl first - my friend thinks that he is just trying to make me jealous?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, DON'T tell him about your feelings, you'll be putting too much strain on each other by making things too definite and serious so early on. Just ask him out somewhere, flirt, rinse, repeat. Simple.

Oh, and just ignore her until something becomes official if you still want the guy, he is under no obligation not to see her whilst not in a relationship which dictates otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so there's this guy who I've practically fallen head over heels for, and I knew that he liked me (we always used to talk, and we've pulled a few times) and I was waiting for him to do something because I'd been told by people that he really liked me...

But then he started asking advice from this girl who I know and since then we haven't spoken as often as we used to. This girl has a bit of a reputation for sleeping around/making out with people's boyfriends etc, as she's also a bit weirdly competitive with me (no idea why).

Anyway, I'm beginning to think that he no longer likes me and likes her instead, especially because they seem to talk way more than they used to (originally, I know from another friend, he was always talking to her about how much he liked me ) Is it possible that he is still talking to her about me, or is something else? They seem really close and it upsets me

Please help me, I really like him, and the thought of him now getting together with her (especially as I think she just wants him because of me) is really getting to me. I can't say anything to her as I'll come off as jealous and irrational, and I can't say anything to him for fear of rejection.

What should I do to try and make him like me again?

And in any case, if they do get together how do I pretend that it isn't breaking my heart when I'm around them as I inevitably will be as we have mutual friends?

Im really sorry to say this but I genuinely believe you have lost your train

Time to move on perhaps??

Best of luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him and try to get in there. You have nothing to lose

(Original post by Breedlove)
    First of all, DON'T tell him about your feelings, you'll be putting too much strain on each other by making things too definite and serious so early on. Just ask him out somewhere, flirt, rinse, repeat. Simple.

Oh, and just ignore her until something becomes official if you still want the guy, he is under no obligation not to see her whilst not in a relationship which dictates otherwise.
    That's EXACTLY where my head is at right now lol! He's under no obligation, don't put any pressure on him etc. It's just the thought of him with someone else that hurts

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm too scared haha

If he rejects me it will be really awkward, and everyone will know about it because everyone knows that 'there is something going on' between us

What do I even say? I'd rather try and find out if he likes this other girl first - my friend thinks that he is just trying to make me jealous?
    From what you've said, it sounds like he does like you but is afraid for exactly the same reasons you are.

Honestly, I was in a similar situation for a while (except I'm the guy), everyone knew we liked each other. Eventually one of my friends literally beat me into asking her out, and I thank him every day for it.

ReputationRep:
    That's EXACTLY where my head is at right now lol! He's under no obligation, don't put any pressure on him etc. It's just the thought of him with someone else that hurts
    It's something you've just got to purge or ignore as much as possible, jealousy is a destructive emotion.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on; you know he's been talking to this girl about how much he likes you?

Why are you waiting around? Ask him out now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breedlove)
    this is key.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.