Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, confused about driving instructors? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive been with a driving instructor now for over 16 lessons and in one she told me about the test centres I can train at, she also told me she doesnt train at one of the test centres that i know my sister is training at with her instructor and that some of my family are as well. I asked if she could train me there if I would want to do that in the future,I just thought would be better as I know relatives who have done it there and she said she would be happy for me to leave her and change to another instructor or go to my sisters. I am not really sure what is the best test centre at the moment but her saying that confused me, and now I don't know if I should change to my sister's instructor or should I stick to my original instructor who when I ask her about test centres, she keeps saying she is happy for me to go somewhere else she thinks I probrably will , I missed this week's lessons as I wasn't sure what to do, and the week before didn't have such a good lesson. Anyway, Im confused about what to do, should I change or not ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean having your driving lessons around the area where you will be having your test?

If you like your current instructor then just train the the test centre she teaches near

If not move to someone else

Its no dig deal. You areonly in the test centre for a short time, so if you are a competent driver by the time the test comes it should not be a MAJOR deal.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to drive on ALL roads, not just test routes or those nearby. Sure, a little knowledge of any difficult junctions helps, but once you pass you are free to use the whole UK road network and beyond, with no-one there to observe, advise or correct you. It really doesn't matter where you learn, only that you are learning and are taught well in how to plan, anticipate, make progress and control the vehicle, wherever you are. Having a good personal relationship with your instructor is always preferable, and who knows, you might swap to someone teaching in the different area and they may be a pillock.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.