Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i hate working at river island, i've only been working there for a week and a it. i feel highly uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!! the girls there are so *****y i can't even be myself.

i know i have to leave because 1) i told them i could only work for 8 hours, they put me down for 16, which i had to bug them to change it down - now its 12 as of today - so if i ask to leave it might be taking the piss... or is it?

i'm always too tired to do my a-level work..i mean i wouldn't work by choice just trying to support my mum.

i just hate it! but should i leave before the pay day or after..because after may seem dodgy :confused:

anyway your opinion. and yeah i've tried to buy my work jeans several times and they keep taking the piss, making me come earlier than my shift to do buy it then making me work instead for more time, closing the till even though they said i should get my purse -- 4 times noooowww -- same *****!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

anyway what should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Worked there myself 2 years ago for 6 months and ended up packing it in cos they push you too much even if you're a student. If they're not treating you properly (which it sounds like they're not listening to you), then I'd go. However it might be worth talking to the head manager. I had issues with them when I first started working there and it did get a bit better once I'd spoken to them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.