Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so yeah, i feel like **** most of the time.
    being with my friends makes me feel bad because i want to make them happy and i know i cant.
    appearance...well i know i'm not good looking. i've given up thinking that i could be anywhere near the word 'pretty'. i'm 16 and i've never even had a boyfriend and i'm a virgin kisser.
    i'm unwanted and i'm feeling it now more than ever. so thats just another bull**** part of my life.
    sorry for wasting your time if you read this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i want to make them happy and i know i cant.
    How do you know you can't?

ReputationRep:
    You're 16. Really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    You're only 16. There isn't a rule where you've had to have a boyfriend yet, or have had to kiss anyone, doesn't make you unwanted though. There are tough periods we all have to go through in life, and it's only coming out of them that makes us stronger.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i was exactly the same at 16, all you need to do is change something, or do something new that you want to. You'll meet someone and if you feel belittled by your friends, then maybe find new ones? It's a two way thing.

In summary:
    - do something for you
    - say hello to a few people
    - stay positive, sulking about stuff doesn't help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so yeah, i feel like **** most of the time.
    being with my friends makes me feel bad because i want to make them happy and i know i cant.
    appearance...well i know i'm not good looking. i've given up thinking that i could be anywhere near the word 'pretty'. i'm 16 and i've never even had a boyfriend and i'm a virgin kisser.
    i'm unwanted and i'm feeling it now more than ever. so thats just another bull**** part of my life.
    sorry for wasting your time if you read this.
    You should delete the word 'can't' from your vocabulary, it's probably the most disempowering word you can use. Henry Ford said 'if you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.'

If you think you can't do things, you won't even try because you automatically rule yourself out of being able to do them. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learnt in life. We are all capable of achieving great things, the main thing that stops us is our own limiting belief system.

People use to think it was impossible to travel to the moon. You would have probably been burnt at the stake at one time for suggesting that a piece of metal could be shaped to transport people in the sky thousands of miles across sea.

There is nothing that you cannot do.

If you want to make people happy, you need to be happy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.