Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't have time to workout, suggestions? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always use to roll my eyes when people said stuff like this, but now i'm one of them..

In the morning it's too dark so I don't have time.
    When I get back it's too dark too.
    I can't afford the gym.
    Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Too dark? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    There's a wealth of exercises you can do in the comfort of your room / house. Youtube home workouts and buy a couple of dumbells or something to aid weight training. Whether you're male or female, weight training combined with some stationary exercises that really get your heart rate going for 30 mins a day (and a good diet) will do wonders. Things like youtube and google are your friends though!

ReputationRep:
    Umm. Use a well lit street? Argos an exercise bike/cross trainer/ whatever. Bog standard one for £40.

ReputationRep:

Make time.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why Bish's post here got deleted, was genius

Too dark's a **** excuse, why u scared? u gon' get raped?

Get a skipping rope and a barbell, skip for 20 minutes, deadlift, bench and squat, get jacked and eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Get a skipping rope and a barbell, skip for 20 minutes, deadlift, bench and squat, get jacked and eat
    I live in the country, i'll either twist my ankle or run into a tree.
    I can't deadlift/bench etc, I don't have enough money.

ReputationRep:
    Jog on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    YouTubing home workouts is a good idea, i'll do the same

I'm in the same situation, im not running around this area probs get jumped haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Give up then, you seem to be lacking any motivation at all

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Lol just allow it then. You clearly arent willing to put any effort.
    You suggest I go for a run in blackness where I can't see the ground :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Surely there are some lights around? You could run around your garden, surely there's some light coming from your house.

Skip, like someone said. A skipping rope costs as much as a can of coke. Do some exercises in your room - look up some arm/leg exercises on the internet. There are many where you don't require equipment.

What do you do all day? Do you go to uni or have a job? During your lunch break, go for a walk.

Stop making up excuses. If you keep making excuses you'll turn into a fat lump. If you really want to exercise and get fit you will find the time and find something that you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Get a pull up bar for a few quid, and I'm pretty sure you could go running. I go running more or less in the countryside (We live on the edge of a town so whenever I go running it's in the countryside) when it's dark and I've never had any problems. You get to know the roads and footpaths anyway so it's not an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Funny that, I always thought there was this thing called ambient light.

We could see the ground all the way up and down the Black Mountains in the middle of winter in the midst of night so I fail to see your problem other than you are clearly a ******* of the highest excuse making order!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Torch...

There you go, now you have a thing that makes dark things bright enough to see...

Now you can run when it's dark.

Thank me later...

ReputationRep:
    I live in the country, i'll either twist my ankle or run into a tree.
    I can't deadlift/bench etc, I don't have enough money.
    Last night I ran for 2 hours in the snow, from 9 til 11 o'clock. Ok the roads I run on are street lit, but if you're on country roads, get a head light and tail light (decent bike lights will be ok) and wear flourescent clothing and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    You know, you don't have to go to a gym or even go outside or spend a single penny to work out! You can jog/run on the spot, can't you? And do stretches/situps/pushups etc on your living room floor. Oh, and use water bottles as weight, and fill them with something heavier such as sand or salt if they're not heavy enough for you with just water in them!

ReputationRep:
    Went for a run this morning. Broke my ankle. Thanks TSR.

ReputationRep:
    what did you do during summer time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

she's a bird mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.