The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Question about King's College London - Interviews?

I've been searching throughout this website and the web, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer! Do KCL interview for all subjects like Oxbridge do? Or just for some subjects? I'm looking to do English but I'm wondering if I'm selected that I'll be required to interview, before any possibility of receiving an offer.

Can anybody enlighten me on this, please!
Reply 1
Original post by jthlm
I've been searching throughout this website and the web, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer! Do KCL interview for all subjects like Oxbridge do? Or just for some subjects? I'm looking to do English but I'm wondering if I'm selected that I'll be required to interview, before any possibility of receiving an offer.

Can anybody enlighten me on this, please!

i know they don't offer interviews for all courses!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
As far as I know they only interview borderline candidates. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Alittlenightmusic

ohh! awesome! thank you :smile:
Original post by jthlm
ohh! awesome! thank you :smile:

You're welcome. Good luck with your application! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Alittlenightmusic

I'm not even sure about that, on King's 'myaplication' site it says:

"We do not offer interviews on many of our programmes as a matter of course; most decisions are made solely on the basis of the information you have supplied via UCAS. In a few cases, however (for example if you have been out of education for a while, or if you are following a vocational qualification) we may invite you to interview. We will notify applicants that we wish to interview via myApplication. "

This may differ from department to department so it may be an idea to have a good look at the department website you're interested in.
Reply 6
Depends on the subject. Ones like medicine, dentistry etc I think they will interview everyone. Speaking for English, they interview those who are borderline or who have non standard qualifications. There's a girl on my course who was telling me she had an interview but it was because she initially started a different degree in 2009 but then dropped out and applied here for English. Not sure but other subjects might also interview in a similar way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest