Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A hypochondriac and a social introvert - is there any hope? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR,

So this has been bugging me for a while. Its been about a year and a half since my last serious relationship. A lot has happened in that time period, i am a hypochondriac but i was never as severe as i am now, i also have a phobia of germs, which stops me getting close to people i don't know, especially lately with people always coughing and spluttering, its off putting.

The problem is i am lonely, and i know with the problems that i have that its going to be incredibly difficult to get close to people or a special someone, not that i was good at it anyway as i have never been that confident.

I do find myself wondering with all my character defects, would a girl even want to be with me? I am slowly but surely losing hope whilst everyone around me seems to be finding romance!

ReputationRep:
    there.is.no.hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Power90)
    Hey TSR,

So this has been bugging me for a while. Its been about a year and a half since my last serious relationship. A lot has happened in that time period, i am a hypochondriac but i was never as severe as i am now, i also have a phobia of germs, which stops me getting close to people i don't know, especially lately with people always coughing and spluttering, its off putting.

The problem is i am lonely, and i know with the problems that i have that its going to be incredibly difficult to get close to people or a special someone, not that i was good at it anyway as i have never been that confident.

I do find myself wondering with all my character defects, would a girl even want to be with me? I am slowly but surely losing hope whilst everyone around me seems to be finding romance!
    No, there is no hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Power90)
    Hey TSR,

Ignore all the above answers.

If you're hypochondriac, you must go to your Doctor because its really difficult to self-treat.

Cognitive behavioural therapy seems to work effectively for this. Don't leave it too long, act now. :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry its called an immune system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    No, there is no hope.
    Dirty dirty pessimist !!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:E:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_anonymous_friend)
    Dirty dirty pessimist !!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:E:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    It's called being realistic..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.