Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so, cut a long story short...few years ago I went out with this girl...she was terrified of commitment, had panic attacks etc...but we went slowly and as a result I was her first long term boyfriend...I never struggled with the same issues she did but i tried to understand and make it work.

anyway we broke up about a year ago after dating for two years.

Now the other day a girl confessed to me she really liked me...out of the blue so guess I was a little shocked...but I seriously freaked out, I mean i've liked this girl on and off for ages but the second she said this I panicked...I started to worry about commitment and whether I was good enough and I felt pretty much how my ex must have felt.
    Why do I suddenly feel like this now? When i've never had these problems before...I mean I can't seem to think straight and I can't even decide what I fell about this girl and I feel like I'm being really unfair to her (theres a lot of history between us....but long story).

It seems so stupid and I know it is...but it's really making me question everything.

Sorry for long post guys

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    I dont have much to say, tbh. I think you should try.

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Ermm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so, cut a long story short...few years ago I went out with this girl...she was terrified of commitment, had panic attacks etc...but we went slowly and as a result I was her first long term boyfriend...I never struggled with the same issues she did but i tried to understand and make it work.

anyway we broke up about a year ago after dating for two years.

Now the other day a girl confessed to me she really liked me...out of the blue so guess I was a little shocked...but I seriously freaked out, I mean i've liked this girl on and off for ages but the second she said this I panicked...I started to worry about commitment and whether I was good enough and I felt pretty much how my ex must have felt.
    Why do I suddenly feel like this now? When i've never had these problems before...I mean I can't seem to think straight and I can't even decide what I fell about this girl and I feel like I'm being really unfair to her (theres a lot of history between us....but long story).

It seems so stupid and I know it is...but it's really making me question everything.

Sorry for long post guys
    I think you need to give us more detail.

You're saying a girl told you that she likes which was out of blue for you and on the other hand you're saying you guys have a long history? :confused:

If you liked her, and now she likes you back, surely you should be happy now?

ReputationRep:
    She likes you = You're good enough
    She hasn't asked you to move in with her, marry her or sell her your immortal soul = Commitment, what commitment?

There we go problems solved, now go have fun, next please.

(Original post by lonely14)
    I think you need to give us more detail.

You're saying a girl told you that she likes which was out of blue for you and on the other hand you're saying you guys have a long history? :confused:
    I see how that sounds confusing...well we've both liked each other in the past and talked about it openly with each other before now...and I suppose i've been a bit unfair to her before...we never really fell for each other at the same time etc...but for ages now we've just been average friends...its been almost awkward between us because we both knew the other had liked the other etc.....but then suddenly she tells me this, when we've had massive conversations before about being just friends and how it prob would never work....hence why its thrown me so much.

Sorry, reading it all back I realise i've barely made any sense

ok whoever it was that posted anon a minute ago why did you delete it?....it made sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok whoever it was that posted anon a minute ago why did you delete it?....it made sense
    Be sure, it wasn't me :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.