Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    or do you know someone who has ?

The ones you usually have to text a,b,c or go online to enter with major prizes etc..

ReputationRep:
    No :nah: because I've never tried.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - many.

Too late at night to name them all, will edit tomorrow.

Night. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Hell yea! Once, I won an alarm clock off that kid's show Xchange.

ReputationRep:
    I've won £100 and £250 on two seperate occasions.

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Once or twice over the years, though certainly not often - and never for a huge prize :p:

ReputationRep:
    I won a TSR sub in the Chat forum :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I won tickets to the England v Greece game back in the day.
    Such a good, good day...

ReputationRep:
    I won some games on Nickelodeon, years ago, nothing major. Think it was a Ren and Stimpy PC game or something like that.

Last year I won £1,000 through the staff lottery scheme at work

ReputationRep:
    I won a sack race at a friend's birthday party when I was eight.

ReputationRep:
    I won an LG Cookie from here once. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Won a pair of football tickets for sending off a wordsearch once then on the day of the match I had got the free tickets for I signed up for a credit card and won a free signed matchball lol. Best day ever!

ReputationRep:
    I won the competition for having "The Sister With The Biggest Flaps 2010", and im very proud of it

ReputationRep:
    Back in the day I tried to enter one of those Live & Kicking phone-ins. I was like maybe four or five, and my irrational fear of talking on phones was ten times worse than it is now...so, when they were like "Name and Address?" I broke down crying (pussy child! Yay!) and my mum had to take over. Sure, I didn't win whatever the prize was...but I got autographs from Otis the Aardvark and all them cool types what was on CBBC at the time (potentially Zoe Ball and Toby Anstis are in the pile of cards I received; I haven't looked at them for years...if I've thrown them out I will be most displeased!)

Not exactly a conventional win, but I was the only child I ever knew with Otis the Aardvark's signature

ReputationRep:
    No. A couple of months back pepsi did this thing where you enter these codes on the lids of the cans in, i drink loads of pepsi max but i didnt win although its the taking part that counts

ReputationRep:
    When Studio Ghibli's Only Yesterday was coming out for the first time on DVD in the UK, in 2006 if I remember correctly, they had a competition leaflet inside with a simple question - you know, one of the easy questions where a million people will answer correctly. The prize was a free trip to Japan for up to 7 days.

On a whim I went to their website and sent my answer and address, etc. About 3 months later, lo and behold, a letter from Japan Airlines came through the post stating that I was the winner of the trip. I almost had a heart attack since it was back in the time I was totally obsessed with everything and anything Japan.

Naturally the spending money was for me to save, but the competition prize gave free return flights plus 6 nights in the Tokyo Shiba Park Hotel, a very cosy 4* place. It was for two people and since I was 17 when I would be going, I had to pick an adult. I went in October 2007 with my uncle who visits Japan every year for master level karate training, and we went around Tokyo and Kyoto. Such a fantastic trip.

I don't gloat about all this - it just reminds me that I have had plenty of good luck before when I've had a crappy day.

ReputationRep:
    I've (well my family did in my name) won a competition at our old local library to see the local big pantomine and I got to meet Grotbags who was the witch in it.

Also once in a describe Pepsi in 20 words or less I won with a cross stick description of it. Again my family helped me greatly with it but still I won a full size table football with Pepsi players verus sumo's.

ReputationRep:
    During Euro 2004 I won a limited edition football from a coca-cola competition where winning cans of cake had a little picture of a ball underneath the tab thing...

ReputationRep:
    I won a competition on Capital (I think) to go to a private screening of the first Harry Potter film with Chris Tarrent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Back in the day I tried to enter one of those Live & Kicking phone-ins. I was like maybe four or five, and my irrational fear of talking on phones was ten times worse than it is now...so, when they were like "Name and Address?" I broke down crying (pussy child! Yay!) and my mum had to take over. Sure, I didn't win whatever the prize was...but I got autographs from Otis the Aardvark and all them cool types what was on CBBC at the time (potentially Zoe Ball and Toby Anstis are in the pile of cards I received; I haven't looked at them for years...if I've thrown them out I will be most displeased!)

Not exactly a conventional win, but I was the only child I ever knew with Otis the Aardvark's signature
    Live & Kicking had the best competition! I remember the first prize was usually a bundle with a console, games, music cds, videos, books and other bits and bobs - TANTALISING!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.