This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Didn't there used to be a little yellow 'envelope' next to any threads that you were subscribed to? Where have they gone? It is a lot harder to keep track of threads without them.

Has anyone else experienced these disappearances, or is it just me?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Didn't there used to be a little yellow 'envelope' next to any threads that you were subscribed to? Where have they gone? It is a lot harder to keep track of threads without them.

There have been a few little things disappearing, but nobody told me just what each little change of the envelope meant, so I didn't pay that much attention. A black dot means you have a post in that thread though doesn't it?
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
There have been a few little things disappearing, but nobody told me just what each little change of the envelope meant, so I didn't pay that much attention. A black dot means you have a post in that thread though doesn't it?
I think so. The yellow symbol was very obvious, though, and I could just glance down a page and see what threads were mine, without having to plow through the debris.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think so. The yellow symbol was very obvious, though, and I could just glance down a page and see what threads were mine, without having to plow through the debris.
Would have come in handy. Though I just look at the thread starter list usually, unless I see an interesting topic.
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm, I can still see them.
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
Would have come in handy. Though I just look at the thread starter list usually, unless I see an interesting topic.
Well, I suppose. Still, I prefer the old way...

P.S. Who just bad-repped me on this thread? What did I say that was offensive / rude? It was only a question. 'Welcome Back' is not a valid reason!
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Waya)
Hmmm, I can still see them.
Really? Well, why can't I? We are talking about the same thing - the little yellow symbols that indent the title slightly, right?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
loads of mine are red. what does that mean?
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
loads of mine are red. what does that mean?
As far as I can recall, that means that the thread is 'hot'. ie. more than 30 replies (this is from way back, when 30+ posts was extremely rare).
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Really? Well, why can't I? We are talking about the same thing - the little yellow symbols that indent the title slightly, right?
Yes same thing.
TinyKates.... The red ones just have more than 30 posts is all.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

nah.....no one else saw them !!!
lol
Welcome back........
We all saw their disapperence but i for one do not really know as to what do they signify !!!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As far as I can recall, that means that the thread is 'hot'. ie. more than 30 replies (this is from way back, when 30+ posts was extremely rare).
ok - thanks - but after i've clicked on it and read or made a post and gone back to the main page it goes back to grey or yellow again.

it's all a bit complicated for my tiny brain :confused:
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
ok - thanks - but after i've clicked on it and read or made a post and gone back to the main page it goes back to grey or yellow again.

it's all a bit complicated for my tiny brain :confused:
When they show as red or yellow it means there are new unread post in the thread.
After you read it they go back to gray.
It just helps to see where the new posts are.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I suppose. Still, I prefer the old way...

P.S. Who just bad-repped me on this thread? What did I say that was offensive / rude? It was only a question. 'Welcome Back' is not a valid reason!
How many points did it take off you? I'm guessing it would be Maskall, trying to hide the fact and that he can no longer give bad rep on the other thread.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Waya)
When they show as red or yellow it means there are new unread post in the thread.
After you read it they go back to gray.
It just helps to see where the new posts are.
ahhh - very clever. thanks again - i could never be bothered to read through all the f.a.qs to find out
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

the ones where you have posts in them have black bulletholes. btw you are not the first one to notice... see this thread
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

they disappeared just like you did when argueing with maskall
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
they disappeared just like you did when argueing with maskall
fiesty little one.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
fiesty little one.
you should no me by now
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
you should no me by now
I do hehe, always interested to see what you post lol. Good to see ya back.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads