Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**** just got real, North Korea deploys missiles at South Korean ship watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11855162
    http://edition.cnn.com/

ReputationRep:
    yayyy. another NATO deployment!

ffs Kim :facepalm2:

Is he just taking out his roneriness on South Korea or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    ffs Kim :facepalm2:

Is he just taking out his roneriness on South Korea or something?
    we have some hope at least.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/kim...ough-to,18374/

The Onion never fails to confirm my suspicions.

ReputationRep:
    The Independent: "Expats recalled as North Korea prepares for war"

Yeah, it's not looking good. While NK has no chance of winning the war, with the total size of the two armies being over 10 million, could result in a lot of bodies...

Mind you, they didn't deploy the missiles at a South Korean ship. They just put them there ready to be fired.

ReputationRep:
    The US says the joint naval exercises are intended to deter North Korea from launching further attacks on the South.
    China has also expressed concern about military activity by foreign navies so close to its territory, and has warned the Americans not to stray too close.
    The US aircraft carrier the USS George Washington and four other US navy vessels are being joined by South Korean destroyers, patrol vessels, frigates, support ships and anti-submarine aircraft.
    A statement from North Korea's official KCNA news agency said: "If the US brings its carrier to the West Sea of Korea (Yellow Sea), no-one can predict the ensuing consequences."

Not good, guise...

ReputationRep:
    War isn't going to happen. I kind of don't really want to go fight in the same hills that my grandad and his brother fought...

ReputationRep:
    Feel so sorry for those South Koreans. What are the chances we'll end up involved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Feel so sorry for those South Koreans. What are the chances we'll end up involved?
    Nugatory

ReputationRep:
    I just find the North Korea newsreader hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Kim-Jong-il is such a badass :daydreaming:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rylit91)
    Very little but it's cool we've all been trained for this. Remember Level 6 on Call of Duty MW2 when the nuke went off, that was to prepare us for this exact situation. I personally am ready, I'm kitted out with my obligatory 1 grenade and 2 stuns, I'm ready to go to town on some 'OPFOR'. :lockstock:

ReputationRep:
    I love live news channels.

"In North Korea missiles move into position, and an amazing story of survival by 3 teenagers in the open sea."

One is news, one should not be on local news.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap legit war could actually start.. of course USA is gonna bring its' carriers and or forces within the vicinity of the south Korean targets or it has stationed troops in South Korea already that they'll say are threatened and compromised. Just a reason for the US to finally attack NK?

Who knows but something has to be done, NK has nukes, thinks' it can just shell and attack its' neighbour for no apparent reason with no warning and just do whatever it wants in the world. It's like the 10 year old rich kid of the worlds' nations, it needs to be taught a lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Very little but it's cool we've all been trained for this. Remember Level 6 on Call of Duty MW2 when the nuke went off, that was to prepare us for this exact situation. I personally am ready, I'm kitted out with my obligatory 1 grenade and 2 stuns, I'm ready to go to town on some 'OPFOR'. :lockstock:
    Just remember to jump to the floor at every possible opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats a cigar and a whiskey... ok, war does.

ReputationRep:
    I rate north korea.

China must be stuck in two minds.

ReputationRep:
    "Now you see, the changing of the worrd is inevitabre!"
    "Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your ****ing ears!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabtastic)
    Why did they have to do their military excercises so close to the disputed border ? Sounds like a provocation - they should know better as NK will retaliate. I knew only the USA could be involved something like this - which may unnecessary loss of life. Tragic.
    Wait wait wait. What is the provokation a military exercise or NK shelling an island and sinking a SK ship for no reason??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.