Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I'm currently staying in Malaysia, having a break from London and plan to come back and study Marketing Management at uni' in Sept 2011. The only problem is I didn't finish my last year of high school. Is there an access course online or via correspondence that I can take to give a better chance?
    The closing date it seems for Marketing is January 15, which doesn't give me much time :eek:
    If I did find a course, how would I tackle the 'qualifications' section of the UCAS form, as by the time January rolls around I would have effectively only been studying for a month I assume to give expected results you would have had to least study half the course?
    Can anyone help?
    I'm prepared to take my Marketing course with a foundation year if everything else fails, although that means sitting on my bum for 9 months
    Thanks in advance!
    Jack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack06)
    Hi Guys,
    I'm currently staying in Malaysia, having a break from London and plan to come back and study Marketing Management at uni' in Sept 2011. The only problem is I didn't finish my last year of high school. Is there an access course online or via correspondence that I can take to give a better chance?
    Jack
    Hi
    I live in Vienna and did my MSc at Imperial College via the Uni of London's External Programme while living here. Have just looked at their website and they seem to have an online access course for access to LSE degrees, might be a bit late to register but here's the link anyway:

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk...ss/index.shtml

For the London courses you do all your studying at home, there is an online support network and when I did it I had to go to the British Council to take my exams.....

Otherwise you could always take a few modules with the Open University, they're usually pretty flexible as far as I know and according to some others on this forum you can actually get into uni with these kind of qualifications if you're lucky, as opposed to more standard A levels etc

Hope this helps a bit
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi Claire,
    thank you very much for the reply, I've more or less given up on studying anything this year, I may have to enrol in a foundation year in January to start in Sept 2011.
    I should have really planned a bit earlier!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.