Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help filling out an apel claim form for post grad nursing Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for the post grad diploma in nursing (mental health)
    I have an interivew in a few weeks but befor I attend this I have to fill out an APEL claim for to show evidence that I have the experience to study at post grad level.
    I already have a degree in Criminology and Sociology and have spent the past two years working in care both nursing and residential, I am now the deputy manager of a care home so with most of the form I have found it quite easy to provide evidence. However, there are a few questions I am stuck on and could do with any help that anyone can offer. I know most of them can relate to my degree but I have just had a brain freeze and keep staring at the questions and not knowing what to put.
    I need to show that:

I am able to demonstate understanding of biological and physiological sciences

I am able to demonstate understanding of social and behavioural science

I am able to demonstrate undersing of ethics, law and understanding

I have participated in quality assurance and risk management strategies

Apologises for any spelling errors and if i have waffled on but it's driving me mad

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    your degree sounds like it could be used to show most of those points. Have you a copy of any essays you did on your degree course? or any of the unit handbooks? A degree is Sociology and Criminology must have gone into some social and behavioural science. as well as law and ethics.

Working in a care home have you come across risk assesments with the people living there? I thought each patient had to have a regular risk assesments for falls and things? or performed any audits?

As for the biological and physical sciences did you do any science A-Levels or GCSE's?

These APEL things are a pain in the arse to fill out. Im on a postgrad nursing course and i am still being asked to do some more work on it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.