Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied seriously everywhere but have been turned down as i have no experience Primark rejected me tooo (so now u can just imagine)

Is there any shop/market where i can get experience from?

I seriously don't mind working in a known retail shop for 2 weeks without a pay:eek: Yes, i really neeed a job!!!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anniee1)
    I have applied seriously everywhere but have been turned down as i have no experience Primark rejected me tooo (so now u can just imagine)

I seriously don't mind work in a known retail shop for 2 weeks without a pay:eek: Yes, i really neeed a job!!!

x
    Get work experience in a charity shop, yes you wont get paid but it will give you skills you can transfer onto your CV and use to talk about in interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Get work experience in a charity shop, yes you wont get paid but it will give you skills you can transfer onto your CV and use to talk about in interviews.
    You have any good websites for them?
    x

ReputationRep:

I seriously don't mind working in a known retail shop for 2 weeks without a pay:eek: Yes, i really neeed a job!!!

x
    Actually there are a lot of people that apply to Primark when the primark in my town opened about 1k people applied with only 200 jobs availbale.

ReputationRep:
    You have any good websites for them?
    x
    Are you just applying for jobs with online applications?

If so, make a CV get off your arse and hand them out, yes the big stores say you need to apply online which you've done but I'm sure there are smaller stores that may have vacancies they aren't advertising online.

As for charity shops, go to your local town I'm sure they'll be at least one and ask them if they need any volunteers as you'd like to volunteer. They'll give you form, fill in form hand it back in and if you're lucky you'll get a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Are you just applying for jobs with online applications?

If so, make a CV get off your arse and hand them out, yes the big stores say you need to apply online which you've done but I'm sure there are smaller stores that may have vacancies they aren't advertising online.

As for charity shops, go to your local town I'm sure they'll be at least one and ask them if they need any volunteers as you'd like to volunteer. They'll give you form, fill in form hand it back in and if you're lucky you'll get a place.

Okay, you are right, i just have to go and hand in them Well, i might go during christmas or january now as no way i can go in this 2 weeks time I have exams and i ain't taking risk with snow

Thanks definitely going to one of charity shops in jan xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Actually there are a lot of people that apply to Primark when the primark in my town opened about 1k people applied with only 200 jobs availbale.
    Yes true to that... oh well i guess something better is in my destiny x

ReputationRep:
    What I'm doing tommorow is handing my C.V into every shop in town that I would want to work at regardless of weather they are recruiting or not and then if they ask for a cover letter then I will tell them I will get it to them as soon as possible and come back the next day and hand in the C.v

ReputationRep:
    Try places like supermarkets, they are needing a lot of people.
    I swear Asda is hiring everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    What I'm doing tommorow is handing my C.V into every shop in town that I would want to work at regardless of weather they are recruiting or not and then if they ask for a cover letter then I will tell them I will get it to them as soon as possible and come back the next day and hand in the C.v
    My advice to you is avoid going in their busiest time (12 noon - 3 p.m.). Start early in the morning, they will be more receptive to you too. Dress smart, walk briskly and SMILE. Remember first impressions do last! Ask to speak to the manager in a polite and friendly way. Ask if they have any part time work going, or perhaps Christmas temps (although it is coming towards the end of the recruiting period). You can also try your local Connexions, they have always been highly useful to me! Good luck and let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of experience working in bars, supermarkets, retail and as a cleaner...done 4 unpaid work placements and I got rejected from Primark.

My very first job was in a supermarket so my advice would be to try there, pretty much all of them are apply online as well so you don't even have to leave your house!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    They won't ask you for a covering letter, a covering letter should automatically be part of an application.

ReputationRep:
    Need one too, somehow need to get £300 by january and £900 by july.

**** having to rent the house for the entire 12 months. bad times

I worked in a charity shop for ages, and haven't found anything. Then again that was a few years ago.And I have been into town so many times with cvs and asking around.

ReputationRep:
    I've been rejected from everywhere I've applied too. Only had one interview. The annoying thing is that I have nearly two years experience from working in Primark, so even experience doesn't always get you a job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.