The Student Room Group

What would you do if WWIII broke out now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welsh_insomniac
"And them who take the sword shall die by the sword".

So surely if you take a sword into battle, unless someone else has a sword, you're not gonna die? :smile:
Original post by Sithius
Oh yeah, we should have just done nothing in WW2 because it's so bad. :rolleyes: Poor naive child. War is necessary I'm afraid.

Was WWI necessary? 37 million deaths necessary? :/ ... And only for it to happen 20 years later all over again... :/
Reply 42
Original post by Sithius
Oh yeah, we should have just done nothing in WW2 because it's so bad. :rolleyes: Poor naive child. War is necessary I'm afraid.

There's no need for the patronising tone, you just sound like a condescending douchebag.

The fact it was something of a joke aside, of course we should have done something in WW2. My point was that after the casualties suffered in both of them (especially WWI) and in the smaller scale wars, they might have learned that rarely does war have an altogether positive outcome.
I'm hardly expecting world peace forever and ever. :rolleyes: War happens.
Reply 43
I'll make a sandwich :biggrin: then I shall become Zorro - Fencing is good for something. One wears so much kit a bullet would take a year to touch your skin.
I'd be pretty darned annoyed after finishing my essay and beginning the research for another one.

As well as the fact that England managed to get back into the cricket and a world war would probably destroy that by the game being cancelled. :mob:
Carry on as normal.
I'd buy a load of tinned food though, just in case they bring rationing back. I can be living it up on tinned peaches for a few extra months at least.
Reply 46
Die in the impending nuclear strike on london. Of cause where I live means I get to die slowly of radiation posioning. Failing that I would use all the skills I have learned from fall out 3 to survive
Reply 47
move to switzerland?
Reply 48
emigrate to a neutral country and hide, im not the type of person that could fight or indeed fight well, i would die in the first few minutes or get nuked very quickly
Reply 49
hmm tough one.
Have disco party

2. Get mums nighthawk c02 gun (looks real therefore it might deter people stealing/looting the car)

3. We take Pete's car, we drive over to Mum's, we go in, take care of Philip - "I'm so sorry, Philip" - then we grab Mum, we go over to Liz's place, hole up, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

Edit a:

3: We take Pete's car, go round Mum's, go in, deal with Philip - "Sorry, Philip!" - grab Mum, go to Liz's, pick her up, bring her back here, have a cup of tea and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

edit b:

3. Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
(edited 13 years ago)
Dig a hole, fill it with tins of food, cover the hole with thick lead, sit there in the dark fapping.
I would join the marines... HOORAH!
Take my TARDIS and materalize somewhere away from the war. :pierre:

Interesting, huh?
Reply 53
Do nothing.
The majority of it (if not all of it) would be taking place in Asia.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Summergirl.x
This.

Surely WWIII will just destroy the world? There won't be any guns involved just several nukes and then thats it..

Well, as Einstein wrote in a letter to Roosevelt: "I do not know the weapons with which world war III shall be fought, but world war IV shall be fought with sticks and stones.", which I think is a very accurate observation.
Reply 55
I've changed my mind, forget the swords I'll go fly a state of the art fighter jets.
Reply 56
Alas I would be contained in a bunker somewhere surround by equipment and people to lead in intelligence.

To quote Harry Patch "War is organised murder, and nothing else" I do feel that a World War is now never going to be the same. Nuclear Weapons have prevented a full war to that scale. We now have the new threat of rouge states and groups. Far far harder to defend against.
Reply 57

That.
(edited 13 years ago)
Cry and then start digging a nuclear bunker.
I'd not worry, because worrying is for people who worry.

That or i'd hop on a plane and go somewhere neutral like Switzerland or head to Canada.

And OP, haven't you heard of Gunsword?(final fantasy 8 IIRC), also your post about slicing the bullets in half reminded me of Devil May Cry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending