Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best "Belly" Workout Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am size 8/10 and i am quite pettie. My only trouble is my belly. I stand straight and you see my belly bumb. No it doesnt look bad BUT i cant wear fitted clothes unless i take in which i do . Any suggestions for a good workout which will tone it down?
    Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anniee1)
    I am size 8/10 and i am quite pettie. My only trouble is my belly. I stand straight and you see my belly bumb. No it doesnt look bad BUT i cant wear fitted clothes unless i take in which i do . Any suggestions for a good workout which will tone it down?
    Thanks
    xx
    do some cardio, lift some weights, change your diet

there is absolutely no exercise which can "tone" your stomach.

ReputationRep:
    i heard if you just suck in your stomach for a couple of mins a day that can help :beard:
    edit: ok, i admit i don't know a lot about slimming, but i did see it on a website somewhere.
    but from the neg rep, i'm pretty sure it doesn't actually work :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    do some cardio, lift some weights, change your diet

there is absolutely no exercise which can "tone" your stomach.
    Nop i dont have weights, and i am sure that will also have some impact on my arms
    I just want belly bumb to be sorted Might try some crunches and see if that helps
    LOL as for diet, one day i will eat a lot and next day i won't eat anything diet is cool as i can control that
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Crunches won't do ****. Don't ask for advice and then just ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectronicPanda)
    i heard if you just suck in your stomach for a couple of mins a day that can help :beard:
    Yes I have heard that too I should try
    Deep breathing helps too apparently x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Crunches won't do ****. Don't ask for advice and then just ignore it.
    Okay, i am sorry
    Right, i will try cardio then as someone suggested
    x

ReputationRep:

Neither of those things are gonna make a single bit of difference.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i am sorry
    Right, i will try cardio then as someone suggested
    x
    Basically... stfu and squat.

Hit the gym (or this could be done at home), read the HIIT program, do boxing/running, mix it up with weights (start on body weight/low weight and gradually increase) even if you do cardio + press ups + body weight squats + deadlift/bench with your folding chair to start off with, it's better than nothing.

Eat a good diet - high protein, low carb (but not excessively low), plenty of fruit and veg, and stick to it.

You can't 'spot reduce' fat, but weights and muscle exercises burnt fat even at rest, so these in addition to cardio will help you lose your 'belly'.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    ... next day i won't eat anything
    Well that's not going to help. If you eat say 2500 calories on Monday and nothing on Tuesday, your body will assume you don't have a stable food supply and do it's very best to store what's left of the 2500 calories as fat.

If you're trying to lose weight it's far better to eat small amounts often... some recommend six small meals a day, but you can probably get away with 3 normal sized meals and some small snacks to keep your metabolism up.

As for your stomach, if it's fat that's the problem then just do cardio as well as eat properly. If it's just that it's not toned, google some ab workouts and do them...

ReputationRep:
    Nop i dont have weights, and i am sure that will also have some impact on my arms
    I just want belly bumb to be sorted Might try some crunches and see if that helps
    LOL as for diet, one day i will eat a lot and next day i won't eat anything diet is cool as i can control that
    xx
    Yeah thats right just ignore my advice :rolleyes:
    Go buy some weights and start doing some full body workouts
    Build some muscle in order to increase the rate of caloric expenditure
    Then go and do some cardio to aid bodyfat loss
    And start eating consistently, no more eating crap and eating different things different day
    And dont do crunches, crunches are for idiots, go and talk to people in a gym who do crunches, 90% of the time they are stupid

ReputationRep:
    Ugh after seeing this I sometimes wonder what is the point of helping the loons on here

ReputationRep:
    xx
    - Buy some weights. Look for second hand ones if you can't afford new ones. Yes, it will have some impact on your arms but you're not going to have bulging arm muscles after a week of lifting weights.
    - You cannot spot reduce fat. I'm pretty sure this fact is mentioned in 90% of posts in the fitness forum...
    - Your diet is not cool and you are not controlling it. Get your diet sorted and eat every day!

ReputationRep:
    And dont do crunches, crunches are for idiots, go and talk to people in a gym who do crunches, 90% of the time they are stupid
    So what exercises which concentrate on the abs for increased definition would you suggest instead?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh after seeing this I sometimes wonder what is the point of helping the loons on here
    Get over it i apologised
    Like i said i am going to try some cardio out! ughhh who's idea was that???

peace!x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats right just ignore my advice :rolleyes:
    Go buy some weights and start doing some full body workouts
    Build some muscle in order to increase the rate of caloric expenditure
    Then go and do some cardio to aid bodyfat loss
    And start eating consistently, no more eating crap and eating different things different day
    Cardio awaits me
    Well, i can but i am not going to. Like i said its just my belly and i am on a budget atm and i dont see buying weights if i can reduce/tone down without buying them. I am not an exercise freak!

LOL okay, yea i will try and eat everyday healthy meals
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    - Buy some weights. Look for second hand ones if you can't afford new ones. Yes, it will have some impact on your arms but you're not going to have bulging arm muscles after a week of lifting weights.
    - You cannot spot reduce fat. I'm pretty sure this fact is mentioned in 90% of posts in the fitness forum...
    - Your diet is not cool and you are not controlling it. Get your diet sorted and eat every day!
    But if i can manage to reduce without weights then i dont see a point in buying them:confused: I don't have bulging arms:eek:
    Yes i will try and eat everyday... Healthy meals x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldscollide)
    Well that's not going to help. If you eat say 2500 calories on Monday and nothing on Tuesday, your body will assume you don't have a stable food supply and do it's very best to store what's left of the 2500 calories as fat.

If you're trying to lose weight it's far better to eat small amounts often... some recommend six small meals a day, but you can probably get away with 3 normal sized meals and some small snacks to keep your metabolism up.

As for your stomach, if it's fat that's the problem then just do cardio as well as eat properly. If it's just that it's not toned, google some ab workouts and do them...
    True but snacks are rather fattening for me I munch crisps, nuts, bars, biscuits, chocolates and loads of crap and that's a NO good for stomach

Yeah i just want to tone it down... its not FAT fat like i said... yeah i might give it a shot as well as do some cardio! Thnx x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    Basically... stfu and squat.

Hit the gym (or this could be done at home), read the HIIT program, do boxing/running, mix it up with weights (start on body weight/low weight and gradually increase) even if you do cardio + press ups + body weight squats + deadlift/bench with your folding chair to start off with, it's better than nothing.

Eat a good diet - high protein, low carb (but not excessively low), plenty of fruit and veg, and stick to it.

You can't 'spot reduce' fat, but weights and muscle exercises burnt fat even at rest, so these in addition to cardio will help you lose your 'belly'.

Good luck.
    I thought squats are for thighs and hips?
    No, i can't afford gym!

Diet yeah will try and eat more healthy

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Cardio awaits me
    Well, i can but i am not going to. Like i said its just my belly and i am on a budget atm and i dont see buying weights if i can reduce/tone down without buying them. I am not an exercise freak!

LOL okay, yea i will try and eat everyday healthy meals
    x
    Okay

enjoy having a pot belly then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.