Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm just being stupid but what am I supposed to put in this section exactly? The modules I've done since first year and the mark I got for that module? Is that right?

ReputationRep:
    It is the modules you took and the credits each one was worth if memory serves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by david89)
    Maybe I'm just being stupid but what am I supposed to put in this section exactly? The modules I've done since first year and the mark I got for that module? Is that right?
    I didn't put in all my modules- just the time spent on the main subject of my degree (so "English- 100%). I felt worried after looking on this forum after I applied that I had to list all the modules, but when I checked back in the GTTR's application instructions, and they ask you to give the "time spent studying each of the main and subsidiary subjects as a percentage of your whole degree"- eg., you DON'T have to say what each module was, just mention if you did joint honours, or minored in Spanish, or whatever.

You can see the GTTR instructions here:
    http://www.gttr.ac.uk/students/howto...qualifications

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    there seems a lot of space just to write your main degree subject no?

I filled mine up with all the courses I've done throughout my degree, including the credits earned and so on.

ReputationRep:
    So I don't put down my modules and just put English as 100% or do I split my modules up and put them into a percentage of the degree so each one would be worth the same %?

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for? I'm not sure that it matters which you do but I can see an argument for breaking it down if your applying for a secondary PGCE as this will identify the possible gaps in your knowledge.

I must say I did break mine down beacuse I assumed I needed to. Only used estimations on the % time spent on them though. i did a Biology degree so had it broken down into Ecology, Paleobiology, Entomology...etc.

I think your safe whatever you decide.

good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a secondary English PGCE and I'm doing a English Language degree so I'm not sure what to split it down into.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not sure - I applied for Primary so I dont know what to say, by breaking my down I was trying to demonstrate the variety of subjects i covered within biology.

Do you have a rough idea of different areas you cover through your degree? if not, just stick it in as one because I;m sure the people looking at your application will have a rough idea of what an english language degree will entail (becuase i haven;t a clue!).

ReputationRep:
    I did one literature module as part of my course should I include that as well?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.