Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I already have an 18+ Oystercard and until now have only been using it as a pay as you go card since I don't travel everyday. But now I will probably need to use the tube everyday and would like to pay a weekly fee. Does anyone know if I have to buy the weekly fee online or go to the station and ask there?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum :/

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeallure38)
    Hi
    I already have an 18+ Oystercard and until now have only been using it as a pay as you go card since I don't travel everyday. But now I will probably need to use the tube everyday and would like to pay a weekly fee. Does anyone know if I have to buy the weekly fee online or go to the station and ask there?

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum :/

Thanks!
    Go up to any ticket machine (the automatic ones), scan your oyster card on the yellow bit and select 'buy/renew season ticket', then you can choose a weekly ticket, choose whether you want it to start from that day or the next day, enter your card and pin and when it's confirmed the machine will ask you to scan your oyster card again. Once this is is done you've got 7 days unlimited bus and tube travel on your card!

I get them once a fortnight and they save so much money and time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)
    Go up to any ticket machine (the automatic ones), scan your oyster card on the yellow bit and select 'buy/renew season ticket', then you can choose a weekly ticket, choose whether you want it to start from that day or the next day, enter your card and pin and when it's confirmed the machine will ask you to scan your oyster card again. Once this is is done you've got 7 days unlimited bus and tube travel on your card!

Ok, that's great Thanks for your help! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundogs)

So does this mean you sign up to it, and then after a week you remove your card association from it (while still having the week's worth of free travel) and then after a week you add your card again and start the cycle over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    So does this mean you sign up to it, and then after a week you remove your card association from it (while still having the week's worth of free travel) and then after a week you add your card again and start the cycle over?
    not exactly, you've paid for a weekly ticket....when it expires you can add the ticket to your card.
    you don't add your card to the ticket, it's the other way round

ReputationRep:
    Register your oyster card online, then you can pay online and set up auto topup. Saves you so much time not having to top up.

ReputationRep:
    If you are using the tube every day you might want to consider a monthly travel card, generally works out cheaper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.