Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

flu, chest and sore throat, muscle aches Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've probably got the flu from being out in the cold over the last week and perhaps not wearing enough layers. It started off with me having a rough feeling chest on Friday morning and thereafter I developed painful/excruciating body aches, down the back and in the legs. The aches have gone, leaving me physically drained and fatigued. What's left is a cold and a chest and throat that still feel pretty off colour.

Any recommendations what I can do? Still keep with the paracetamol, rest, sleep, drink plenty of fluids?

ReputationRep:
    For a start, get off the laptop and sleep

But yeah....fluids, paracetamol, ibuprofen for your aching muscles, try and eat something to get your strength up?

ReputationRep:
    Sleep and fluids. I have the same thing. Missed a week of uni and a dealine. No docs appt available till next week to get a medical note and my illness and all symptoms are still here!!

I reccomend sleep and hot drinks. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    Sleep and fluids. I have the same thing. Missed a week of uni and a dealine. No docs appt available till next week to get a medical note and my illness and all symptoms are still here!!

I reccomend sleep and hot drinks. :console:
    I've never felt this ill before. The aches were horrendous, headaches were bad, now I have a cold and my chest and throat are still far from being 100%. Just glad I can sleep now, now that the body aches have gone. I reckon it'll be another 2 days after today that I'll be feeling anywhere close to 100%. Right now I still feel like ****.

:o:mad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.