Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm applying to read Computer Science, and I'm going to write the TSA on the coming Wednesday. I just tried the online practice test and got only 80%. Just wondering what's a good score for it (I understand that they are not released)? Is the practice test easier than the actual one that I should expect around only 70% (scaled) in the real thing?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get your score back, so don't worry about it :p:. My friends only found out what they got in their third year. I've never found out what I had.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    80% raw works out much less than 70% when scaled down. I know in the oxford TSA section of the website it has a conversion chart, try doing one of those tests. Average is 63, so anything above that is good. (This works out to about 85% raw)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's a raw score in the practice, of course, I hope it's already scaled :P
    And thanks, I'll try the Oxford one.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised how much emphasis they place on the TSA. A friend of mine applied to Downing and got rejected, and when they gave her feedback it became pretty clear it was simply because her TSA score was pretty bad.

Potential applicants should steer clear of the TSA if you ask me. I also think its a very inaccurate form of assessment - given the fact that a lot of colleges have got rid of it in recent years, it would seem they think so too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasperleeabc)
    Hi,

I'm applying to read Computer Science, and I'm going to write the TSA on the coming Wednesday. I just tried the online practice test and got only 80%. Just wondering what's a good score for it (I understand that they are not released)? Is the practice test easier than the actual one that I should expect around only 70% (scaled) in the real thing?

Thanks.
    You are applying to Churchill College, am I right? They don't give the TSA for CompSci applicants. There is a Maths Aptitude Test instead. Does your interview letter mention the TSA?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.