Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking to go self catered here, but after visiting on an open day, I got the impression that Broadgate Park (the self catered accommodation, correct me if I'm wrong) was a bit set off from the uni, not being on campus while the catered ones are, would I be 'missing out' by going self catered in that sense, not being on campus and shizz?

ReputationRep:
    Broadgate is big enough that it has its own community. As you would have seen, it's only just off-campus. I lived on campus, but spent more time visiting friends at Broadgate than I did on campus. I don't think you'd be missing out on anything by staying at Broadgate.

ReputationRep:
    Okay cheers for that, I knew it wouldn't be a massive deal, just curious to see what people there thought. I guess I'll base my choice soley on the the merits of my cooking then, making Broadgate less and less of a possibility ha

ReputationRep:
    I dunno.... your poor attempts at cooking might still get you better meals than at a catered college. I was at Derby and the meals there were pretty poor. Things might have improved since 2006, but there were some shockers... cottage pie with a side of potato, anyone?

Whichever way you go, you'll have a brilliant time at Nottingham. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you go catered, you better like potatoes.

ReputationRep:
    From what my friends who live in catered halls tell me the food is average on a good day, sometimes it is just plain terrible. Also there is the issue of having to eat your dinner at 6.30, meaning you could potentially get hungry again by 9/10 o'clock. One good thing about self catered is that it gives you flexibility about when you eat and how much. Although, having to worry about cooking for yourself and washing up could potentially be a pain when your schedule is very busy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.