Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have an interview tomorrow (29/11/2010) for Clinton cards at 12.

I was just wondering if anyone has been to an interview for Clinton and if so what was it like?

Can anyone remember what sort of questions were asked? and was there any group activity or anything like that?

I want this job sooo badly.

Thanks in advance

p.s I don't mind you personally e-mailing me

ReputationRep:
    Just warning you, I have heard nothing but bad things about working in card shops. But good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me, I have dealt with difficult jobs in the past. Thanks for your good luck thought though.

Will share how I get on later Bit nervous now, I've been rehearsing questions and answers all day yesturday and all morning, interview at 12 !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamour123)
    Doesn't bother me, I have dealt with difficult jobs in the past. Thanks for your good luck thought though.

Will share how I get on later Bit nervous now, I've been rehearsing questions and answers all day yesturday and all morning, interview at 12 !
    Working in Card Shops is not bad at all. I loved it
    How did you get on in your interview?
    Which Clintons is this for? I used to work there!

Be prepared for it being really busy and the queues going all the way round the shop and out the doors lol :P

ReputationRep:
    I went for an informal interview there and she gave me the job there and then, but I turned it down a couple of days later as New Look offered me a job with better pay and a 50% staff discount. But my sister got an interview after I turned it down and it was more formal. They made her do all sorts of activities like serving customers, finding items, etc. Her's lasted 2 hours, mine lasted 15 minutes and it was just me and the interviewer, whereas with my sister there was a group of them, so I don't know what you should expect. Just don't worry, be punctual, smile, be friendly, relaxed, that kinda thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.