Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Reading or Kent University for law? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont really know which one is better
    All Rankings are very different

ReputationRep:
    If you go for Law at Kent, go for Canterbury, not Medway. Medway is soooo boring.

I've been to both unis and I really liked Reading. According to the Guardian's Law subject guide, Kent ranks at 29 and Reading is at 36, but I'd go for the one you prefer over the rankings as they're both quite close and reasonably good.

ReputationRep:
    i suggest you go to both and see what you like.
    personaly id go for reading just because i live in kent and know canterbury well, honestly its crap.
    Medway, is chav town. honestly : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbuL...eature=related

Harry hill agrees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuob...eature=related

tbh Canterbury is alot nicer though, but its just like a big town, it is considered a city but its tiny lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    i suggest you go to both and see what you like.
    personaly id go for reading just because i live in kent and know canterbury well, honestly its crap.
    Medway, is chav town. honestly : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbuL...eature=related

Harry hill agrees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuob...eature=related

tbh Canterbury is alot nicer though, but its just like a big town, it is considered a city but its tiny lol
    I got the wrong impression as soon as I set my foot on Medway. Walked to the bus stop and saw two underage kids drinking alcohol and kicking the bus stop but fortunately the university is in one of the nicer parts of the town. I had 2 hours before my interview so I decided to walk around the entire town. Seemed very quiet but London is only half an hour by train. Cantebury on the other hand seems a lot nicer. Haven't been to Reading yet but people have told me that it's a nice place and the university is decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    I got the wrong impression as soon as I set my foot on Medway. Walked to the bus stop and saw two underage kids drinking alcohol and kicking the bus stop but fortunately the university is in one of the nicer parts of the town. I had 2 hours before my interview so I decided to walk around the entire town. Seemed very quiet but London is only half an hour by train. Cantebury on the other hand seems a lot nicer. Haven't been to Reading yet but people have told me that it's a nice place and the university is decent.
    Half an hour? More like an hour unless you take the super spensive fast train.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ive looked at both and reading is my firm. Although the accomodation isnt that great (except for the brand new blocks which are about £5000 a year but luckily ill be able to stay there)

Medway honestly is disgusting, i live in a town in kent which is pretty crappy tbh and the island (isle of sheppey) off the town i live on is S*** but Medway is soooo much worse.

Canterbury is pretty tbh, i can see why people like it, but the social life isnt that brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Half an hour? More like an hour unless you take the super spensive fast train.
    Maybe slightly over half an hour but 40 mins maximum. Rochester is like 4 minutes. The frequency of trains from London is every 20 mins. Bluewater which is one of the largest shopping center in Europe is 40 mins by bus. However their accomodation (Liberty quays) is very expensive . £120 a week for a studio.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe slightly over half an hour but 40 mins maximum. Rochester is like 4 minutes. The frequency of trains from London is every 20 mins. Bluewater which is one of the largest shopping center in Europe is 40 mins by bus. However their accomodation (Liberty quays) is very expensive . £120 a week for a studio.
    Bluewater is lovely! you'll love it!
    but the bus/ train service to bluewater is crap and expensive
    but good if you have a bit of money

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I actually go to Medway... Tis about 50 mins to London from Chatham/Gillingham, but yes, Rochester is close. And Lib Quays is £125 pw for a studio, £103.50 for an ensuite study room, although it was £100 last year. Still expensive.

Where do you get the bus from to get to Bluewater? I tend to just drive there.

ReputationRep:
    Bluewater is lovely! you'll love it!
    but the bus/ train service to bluewater is crap and expensive
    but good if you have a bit of money
    Do you live in Medway or around that area? How much does it cost to get to Bluewater and back by bus? I might go there to do my christmas shopping this year.

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Medway or around that area? How much does it cost to get to Bluewater and back by bus? I might go there to do my christmas shopping this year.
    I live in a town which is like just out of the medways towns... hang on ill find for you .. i think its like £10 - £20 because you have to get buses and trains
    where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I live in Medway and the bus costs about 6 quid return from chatham bus station. Can't remember the train price by memory but it's a bit more, but faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Yeah, I actually go to Medway... Tis about 50 mins to London from Chatham/Gillingham, but yes, Rochester is close. And Lib Quays is £125 pw for a studio, £103.50 for an ensuite study room, although it was £100 last year. Still expensive.

Where do you get the bus from to get to Bluewater? I tend to just drive there.
    Oh right. So what course are you doing at the moment? I haven't been to bluewater by bus yet but I was told that there is a bus to bluewater which takes approx. 40 mins by one of the students on an open day.

ReputationRep:
    please the subject is about kent or reading
    not the prices of train tickets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabienzidane)
    please the subject is about kent or reading
    not the prices of train tickets
    Lmao,
    sorry - but go to reading its really nice.

ReputationRep:
    I live in a town which is like just out of the medways towns... hang on ill find for you .. i think its like £10 - £20 because you have to get buses and trains
    where are you from?
    I am currently residing in the crappy countryside where everything is backwards. I have a conditional from Medway so I might be going there next year. £10- 20 , that will be too expensive to go on a weekly basis. A return ticket to London is only £15.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. So what course are you doing at the moment? I haven't been to bluewater by bus yet but I was told that there is a bus to bluewater which takes approx. 40 mins by one of the students on an open day.
    I do Creative Events Design and Production.

I'll have to look out for that bus, although you'll have to get a bus from halls to Chatham and back which'll add another £2-3 onto your journey.

I wouldn't trust what they say on the open day btw, many of them talk rubbish. They only do open days because they get paid for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyCookie)
    I live in Medway and the bus costs about 6 quid return from chatham bus station. Can't remember the train price by memory but it's a bit more, but faster.
    Hmm. £6 sounds decent to me. Maybe once every fortnight. Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    I am currently residing in the crappy countryside where everything is backwards. I have a conditional from Medway so I might be going there next year. £10- 20 , that will be too expensive to go on a weekly basis. A return ticket to London is only £15.
    from medway its probably cheaper mayb £5 - 10
    its only because i would have to get the train to somewhere then a bus back down then a bus back up to bluewater.

you wont want to go there weekly anyway, it will get boring lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao,
    sorry - but go to reading its really nice.
    I agree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.