Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What with all the "UNEMPLOYMENT RISING" and "NO JOBS ANYWHERE" and "NOT ENOUGH UNIVERSITY PLACES" etc. etc. I thought it might be nice to make a topic about what you want to do in life, all of these issues aside, as a sort of something to work toward to. Keeping it realistic, of course - no space cowboys or anything - but just what would be an ideal life for you, if none of these things were a problem. Where would you live? Anything particular you'd like to do? Career? University? Marriage? Kids?

My future is a huge question mark at the moment, but I imagine "attending a good university" and "travel" would be a part of it. Career will probably be law or language-based, and I thnk I'd like to move to the States. No kids - marriage, I don't know.
    This changes several times a week, though.

Tell me about your plans!

ReputationRep:
    Same with the unsure future, but, ideally I would be a psychologist somewhere in the behaviourist region, and play amateur cricket to a high standard :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to Japan. Otherwise I'd like life to stay pretty much as it is, maybe see my family a bit more. Something like that

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to do a masters in Graphic Design/Visual Communication, get some work experience in the design and events fields and then figure out what's most suited to me.

I just want to be happy and have enough money to live comfortably. Perhaps with a cat.

ReputationRep:
    Um... I want to go to as good a university as I can get into to read English (think I'll be UCAS cycle 2013). After that probably either do a masters in English or most likely sort of Journalism thing. Ideally I would love to write for a national broadsheet paper (ie Guardian, Times) but I understand that is incredibly competitive to get into. I also did work experience with ITV news, which I loved - so would be interested in doing something along those lines. Like many of my peers, I harbour a secret desire to be a Booker prize winning author - but I think that is very, very unlikely! Then, hopefully before I'm 50 I will be the editor of the TLS LOL, I should get some more achievable career plans...

Marriage/kids wise, I definitely want them (2 kids, boy and a girl). Want to get my career going first - start settling down around 30-ish, though I guess you can't choose that really!

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to Medical school, graduate and begin training as a Doctor, then have lots of babies

ReputationRep:
    Go to a top university. Get a very well paying job. Do an mba at wharton. Earn more money. Get married. Have kids. Die.

ReputationRep:
    Go university in a big city, have a good time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greebo-man)
    Go university in a big city, have a good time?
    oh yeah and definitely an erasmus year

ReputationRep:
    I want to travel... possibly do some charity/aid work in countries hit by disease/ natural disasters. Get a decent degree, possibly do an MA and some research, then end up who knows where. Maybe in goverment.
    And then there's the family side too... husband, 2-3 kids, raise them well etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    This changes a lot.

I too, would like to move to the USA, but their immigration policies are ridiculous and you have to wait about 10+ years to become a naturalized citizen which is what I'd have to be to join the police force.

In this country: finish my Law degree, possibly look into a Masters in International Law/Relations. Become a policeman officer. Work my way up to CID, earn enough to live comfortably. Settle down with my girlfriend (hopefully the one I'm with now) in a nice apartment/house just outside London. Come back to Salisbury to retire, maybe doing close protection work part time.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go Glamorgan Uni, get a BA in Journo, Get an MA in Journo, live in Cardiff and become a successful editor of a newspaper. I'd like to get married, have 2 children named Zach and Seren and grow old gracefully.

ReputationRep:
    Just travel, see the world, meet new people and places, learn languages and culture. And hopefully along the way fall in love with someone amazing :love:

ReputationRep:
    get rich so i can do as much as i can to fight world poverty

ReputationRep:
    I want to do something in Biology that pays alot and you get to go on exciting field trips every so often. I also want a nice house in the country with a wife, three children and a dog.

Is that really too much to ask for?

ReputationRep:
    i know i will be a good fashion merchandiser one day and live in USA
    i will travel the world and make my own clothing line. that's for sure.

i love whites so maybe I'll marry one of those guy :P
    at the moment i don't want to have any kids because it sounds so scary how my friend told me about giving birth

i will get back to my home country-Indonesia-when i get old
    i don't ask too much i think, i just want to live enough.

holy Jesus-- bless me

ReputationRep:
    alot of boring life goals some of u have tbh

ReputationRep:
    Study Biochemistry.

Overthrow the government.

ReputationRep:
    being happy

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to do well in my A Levels, and then go on to do either an MPharm or MSciChem leading to working in the pharmaceutical (or maybe even cosmetic) industry.

I'd like to get married, have a nice 'quirky' house, a dog, to travel around Europe and see the wonders of the world, and then become one of those old ladies who has millions of amazing stories to tell and hundreds of photographs of my youth

P.S. I have the feeling that when I'm old I'll either live in Scotland or Northumberland.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.